Notice (last updated 12/14/2020): Our massage therapy services will be suspended while UNH is in the orange mode of operation.
Due to COVID-19, we have new protocols that have been implement for the staff’s and your health and safety. We appreciate your cooperation.
- Massage therapy services will only be available at Thrive (satellite office of Health & Wellness) on the second floor of Campus Recreation.
- A staff member from Health & Wellness will call you the day before your session to do a brief health check and review procedures.
- Masks are mandatory for staff and clients at all times, per UNH policy We will provide one if you don’t have your own.
- No food or drink is permitted at this time, since masks cannot be removed.
- Please do not arrive any sooner than 5 minutes prior to your appointment start time.
- When you enter you will be screened for COVID-19 and have your temperature taken.
- You will be asked to sanitizer your hands before and after your session and hand sanitizer is available.
- We are unable to offer stone massages or pre-natal massages at this time.
If you are fully remote for work or classes or are a dependent and would like to receive a massage you will need to provide proof of a negative COVID test result within the past 7 days of coming to campus.
Massage therapy is available to UNH students, UNH employees, and adult dependents of UNH employees. Massage therapy sessions are 50-minute appointments with licensed massage therapists.
Massage Therapy is good for...
- Increasing relaxation and decreases stress
- Relieving muscular tension and relaxes muscles spasms
- Increasing blood circulation
- Stimulating the lymphatic system to boost the immune system and get rid of toxins in the body
- Improving flexibility, movement and joint strength
- Promoting overall healing, health and well-being
- Helping to prevent future medical issues
Students (Undergraduate and Graduate)
- $50 traditional massage
- $60 stone massage (not currently available)
Employees & Adult Dependents (18+)
- $55 traditional massage
- $65 stone massage (not currently available)
Please note: We are not able to offer pre-natal massages at this time.
Gift certificates for traditional massages only are available by phone during normal business hours. Please call the Health Records & Registration office at (603) 862-4557 to order.
Make an Appointment
- Call 603) 862-9355
Appointments are available six days a week with day and evening availability. Appointments may be booked at Thrive, our Wellness Satellite Office at the Hamel Rec Center (5 Edgewood Road).
For a list of our massage therapists, visit our Staff page.
Cancellation & Missed Appointments
You must cancel your appointment 24 hours in advance of the start of your appointment time or you will be charged a no-show fee.
Appointments and CancellatiON
Types of Massage Therapy at UNH
- TRADITIONAL MASSAGE is the most common form of massage therapy in the United States. It is a very relaxing form of massage that uses long, gentle kneading strokes to improve circulation and to reduce stress.
- STONE MASSAGE (not currently available) is a form of massage that uses heated stones placed on the body to warm the body and loosen tight muscles. Stone Massage is often used for muscle tension, back pain, stress-relief and insomnia. You should let the therapist know if the stones are too warm.
If you are pregnant, have high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes or are under a clinical practitioner's care, we recommend that you consult your practitioner before receiving a hot stone massage.
If you are booking your first massage, we recommend that you book a traditional massage.