Student Employment Positions
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2017-2018 school year. If you submitted an application, you will be contacted within the following week. Thank you for your interest.
Wellness Assistants assist our staff with creating and implementing health and wellness programs and educational materials.
8-10 hours a week during academic year. Schedules are flexible. Academics always come first.
Starting hourly rate is $8.50
Assist staff with creating and implementing health and wellness programs and educational materials for the university community.
- Provide administrative support to staff of 10
- Design health education poster, flyers, display boards and PowerPoint presentations
- Represent Health & Wellness at educational tables and programs around campus
- Collaborate with staff to create written content for Health & Wellness web site and educational materials
- Assist staff with organizing, creating, and on occasion, presenting educational programs to students
- Conduct research using Dimond Library online databases
- Manage Health & Wellness Resource Library
- Make deliveries around campus
- Photocopying, filing and other duties, as assigned
Successful candidates should:
- Be eligible for the Federal Work/Study Program
- Be reliable and able to work at least 8-10 hours per week (during the academic year)
- Have an interest in health and wellness issues (nutrition, sexual health, wellness, alcohol, tobacco, other drugs)
- Have experience working with Microsoft Office applications (including Excel, Word, Publisher, and Access)
- Be skilled in conducting research
- Pay close attention to detail and organization
- Be professional and able to maintain confidentiality
Applications are closed at this time.