All of our programs are...
- Created and presented by Wellness Educators/Counselors and trained interns and peer educators
- Designed based on the needs of the audience and include lecture, discussion, videos and/or experiential learning
- Can be presented in residence halls, sorority/fraternity houses, classrooms, staff/student trainings, conferences, workshops
(Scroll down for full list of program descriptions)
Sexual Health & Sexual Orientation
- Contraceptive Choices
Learn about all available methods of contraception.
- Women's Sexual Health
Find out what to expect during an annual exam, including pap smears, Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) testing, and more. Plus learn how to do a breast self-exam.
- Men's Sexual Health
Find out why regular exams, including STI testing and testicular self-exams, are important for your life-long health.
- Safer Sex
Learn about sexual safety, HIV and Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) prevention, sexual decision-making, and sexual self-care.
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
Get to know the basics of Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs), including signs and symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention.
Stress & Wellness
- Just Because You're Fierce and Fabulous - A Poetry Writing Workshop
This program provides students with an opportunity to learn about their own self-esteem and practice meditation and poetry writing as a way to honor what they value and unleash personal strengths. No previous poetry writing experience needed. This program is based on the UNH Being Fierce and Fabulous women's empowerment group.
- Write Your Own Prescription for Stress
Using expressive writing and meditation techniques, students will reflect upon their stress and identify ways that they can relax and take time for themselves on a daily basis. This is an experiential session where students will be introduced to various expressive writing techniques. No experience needed. All writing will remain private.
- Meditation and Mindfulness
This program introduces students to the basic concepts of meditation and mindfulness as a way to cope with stress. Come dressed comfortably, with loose fitting clothes.
- Mandalas and Coloring Therapy
Engaging in a creative process has meditative qualities that initiate relaxation. Research shows that the creative process can help individuals become more focused and it may even help with cognitive functioning. Coloring and designing mandalas offers students practical stress management techniques.
- Are You on the Right Cash Course?
Many college students have minimal skills in managing their money and debt. The CASH (Create a Savings Habit) program gives an excellent overview of budgeting, saving, credit card debt, and money management.
- Size Matters
The Size Matters kit includes educational material on standard drink sizes and all the materials you need to implement an interactive pouring activity. Materials include variety of alcohol bottles, colored water, wine glass, shot glass, solo cup, and pop-up posters. Pre-designed advertisements for newsletters and bulletin boards are also available.
- Sleep Party Kit
The Sleep Party Kit includes educational material on how to get a better night's sleep and all the materials needed to have each participant create their own aromatherapy-filled eye pillow.
- Coloring Party Kit
The Coloring Party Kit includes educational material on expressive arts and information about how an engaging and creative activity such as coloring can reduce stress and foster a state of relaxation. Kit includes pre-drawn mandalas/designs. Just add art supplies and some relaxing music.
Design Your Own Program
- Our staff is always looking to run new programs! If you have a program/topical idea in mind we can sit down with you to discuss your ideas and design a program that is tailored to your specific audience and goals. We suggest that you give us at least 2-3 weeks to make this happen. This timeframe includes time to meet with you individually.