Students educating students is based on the belief that students are more receptive and learn better from informed, educated peers. Acquiring knowledge, skills and confidence helps Nourish UNH nutrition peer educators enhance their own knowledge, attitudes and beliefs related to nutrition. Nourish UNH nutrition peer educators love food, nutrition and sharing information about eating well with the UNH community.
Expectations of Nourish UNH
Nutrition Peer Educators
- Commit to being a Nourish UNH nutrition peer educator for at least 2 semesters
- Complete Health & Wellness peer education training program
- Work collaboratively with Health & Wellness staff and other peer education groups
- Signed agreement to be a part of the Health & Wellness Team
- Time commitment of approximately 3 hours/week
- Weekly meetings (60 minutes/week)
- Participation on sub-committee (60 minutes/week), as needed
- Implementation of health promotion activities (60-90 minutes/week)
- Attend monthly training on healthy specific topics (1 hour/month)
- Attend UNH events as a peer educator (1 x/month)
- National Nutrition Month
March is National Nutrition Month. Plan interactive and fun opportunities to help students learn more about nutrition, improve their overall health, and explore the food & nutrition resources available at UNH and beyond.
- What's Cooking? Classes
Teach UNH students that eating healthy can be tasty, budget-friendly, and easy to prepare. Each class features a different menu.
Apply to be a Nourish UNH Peer Educator
Applications are now closed.