Our Nourish program is based in the philosophy that students tend to be more receptive and learn better from their informed, educated peers. Acquiring knowledge, skills and confidence helps Nourish UNH nutrition peer educators enhance their own knowledge, attitudes and beliefs related to nutirion. Nourish UNH nutrition peer educators love food, nutrition and sharing information about eating well with the UNH community.
Applications are now closed.
Expectations of Nourish UNH Nutrition Peer Educators
- Commit to being a Nourish UNH nutrition peer educator for at least 2 semesters starting Fall 2020
- Complete Health & Wellness peer education training program
- Work collaboratively with Health & Wellness staff and other peer education groups
- Sign agreement to be a part of the Health & Wellness Team
- Time commitment of approximately 3 hours/week
- Weekly meetings (60 minutes/week)
- Participation on sub-committee (60 minutes/week), as needed
- Implementation of health promotion activities (60-90 minutes/week)
- Attend monthly training on healthy specific topics (1 hour/month)
- Attend UNH events as a peer educator (1 x/month)
- Annual National Nutrition Expo
March is National Nutrition Month. Join us at our expo for interactive and fun opportunities to learn more about nutrition, improve your overall health, and explore the food & nutrition resources available at UNH and beyond.
- What's Cooking? Classes
Led by Nourish UNH peer educators, UNH students can learn how eating healthy can be tasty, budget-friendly, and easy to prepare. Classes are free to UNH students and each class features a different menu.