Update (6/7/2022): Massage therapy services are unavailable until further notice.
Due to COVID-19, we have implemented protocols for the staff’s and your health and safety. We appreciate your cooperation.
- Massage therapy services are currently available at:
- Health & Wellness (4 Pettee Brook Lane, 2nd floor)
- Thrive (Hamel Recreation Center, 2nd floor, Room 238)
- A valid Wildcat Pass is required for the UNH community.
- Dependents of employees need to show proof of a negative COVID test (PCR or rapid antigen test) result within the past 3 days of their H&W visit. Photos or paper copies of PCR results, or photo of rapid antigen results are accepted. Results must have patient identifier and date of test attached (for rapid antigen tests, these can be written on the test kit or have the label attached).
- Masks are mandatory for staff and clients during your appointment. We will provide one if you don’t have your own.
- No food or drink is permitted at this time, since masks cannot be removed.
- Hand sanitizer is available.
- We are unable to offer pre-natal massages at this time.
Massage therapy is available to UNH students, employees, and dependents. Massage therapy sessions are 50-minute appointments with licensed massage therapists.
Massage Therapy is good for...
- Increasing relaxation and decreases stress
- Relieving muscular tension and relaxes muscles spasms
- Increasing blood circulation
- Stimulating the lymphatic system to boost the immune system and get rid of toxins in the body
- Improving flexibility, movement and joint strength
- Promoting overall healing, health and well-being
- Helping to prevent future medical issues
Students (Undergraduate and Graduate)
- $50 traditional massage
- $60 stone massage
Employees & Dependents
- $55 traditional massage
- $65 stone massage
Please note: We are not able to offer pre-natal massages.
Gift certificates are available for traditional and hot stone massages by phone during normal business hours. Please call the Health Records & Registration office at (603) 862-4557 to order.
Make an Appointment
- Call 603) 862-9355
Appointments are available four days a week with day and evening availability. Appointments may be booked at Health & Wellness (Thrive appointments are not available over the summer).
For a list of our massage therapists, visit our Staff page.
Cancellation & Missed Appointments
You must cancel your appointment 24 hours in advance of the start of your appointment time or you will be charged a no-show fee.
Appointments and CancellatiON
Types of Massage Therapy at UNH
- TRADITIONAL MASSAGE is the most common form of massage therapy in the United States. It is a very relaxing form of massage that uses long, gentle kneading strokes to improve circulation and to reduce stress.
- STONE MASSAGE is a form of massage that uses heated stones placed on the body to warm the body and loosen tight muscles. Stone Massage is often used for muscle tension, back pain, stress-relief and insomnia. You should let the therapist know if the stones are too warm.
If you are pregnant, have high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes or are under a clinical practitioner's care, we recommend that you consult your practitioner before receiving a hot stone massage.
If you are booking your first massage, we recommend that you book a traditional massage.