Update (6/7/2022): Massage therapy services are unavailable until further notice.
Due to COVID-19, we have implemented protocols for the staff’s and your health and safety. We appreciate your cooperation.
- Massage therapy services are currently available at:
- Health & Wellness (4 Pettee Brook Lane, 2nd floor)
- Thrive (Hamel Recreation Center, 2nd floor, Room 238)
- Masks are mandatory for staff and clients during your appointment. We will provide one if you don’t have your own.
- No food or drink is permitted at this time, since masks cannot be removed.
- Hand sanitizer is available.
- We are unable to offer pre-natal massages at this time.
Massage therapy is available to UNH students, employees, and dependents. Massage therapy sessions are 50-minute appointments with licensed massage therapists.
Massage Therapy is good for...
- Increasing relaxation and decreases stress
- Relieving muscular tension and relaxes muscles spasms
- Increasing blood circulation
- Stimulating the lymphatic system to boost the immune system and get rid of toxins in the body
- Improving flexibility, movement and joint strength
- Promoting overall healing, health and well-being
- Helping to prevent future medical issues
Students (Undergraduate and Graduate)
- $50 traditional massage
- $60 stone massage
Employees & Dependents
- $55 traditional massage
- $65 stone massage
Please note: We are not able to offer pre-natal massages.
Gift certificates are available for traditional and hot stone massages by phone during normal business hours. Please call the Health Records & Registration office at (603) 862-4557 to order.
Make an Appointment
- Call 603) 862-9355
Appointments are available four days a week with day and evening availability. Appointments may be booked at Health & Wellness (Thrive appointments are not available over the summer).
For a list of our massage therapists, visit our Staff page.
Cancellation & Missed Appointments
You must cancel your appointment 24 hours in advance of the start of your appointment time or you will be charged a no-show fee.
Appointments and CancellatiON
Types of Massage Therapy at UNH
- TRADITIONAL MASSAGE is the most common form of massage therapy in the United States. It is a very relaxing form of massage that uses long, gentle kneading strokes to improve circulation and to reduce stress.
- STONE MASSAGE is a form of massage that uses heated stones placed on the body to warm the body and loosen tight muscles. Stone Massage is often used for muscle tension, back pain, stress-relief and insomnia. You should let the therapist know if the stones are too warm.
If you are pregnant, have high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes or are under a clinical practitioner's care, we recommend that you consult your practitioner before receiving a hot stone massage.
If you are booking your first massage, we recommend that you book a traditional massage.