Great American Smokeout
Why You Should Quit
After quitting for:
- 20 MINUTES, your heart rate drops
- 12 HOURS, carbon monoxide levels in your blood drop to normal
- 2-3 WEEKS, your heart attack risk drops and lung function begins to improve
- 1-9 MONTHS, coughing and shortness of breath decreases
- 1 YEAR, you are 50% less likely to have heart disease than smokers
- LONGTERM, you are less likely to have lung cancer, gum disease, breathing problems, and stomach ulcers.
We Can Help
You will be most successful in kicking your tobacco habit when you have support and utilize multiple measures rather than using only one. For example, some people use a nicotine replacement product along with meditation and counseling. The good news is, we offer many services to help you kick your tobacco habit to the curb ... for good!
- Free Quit Kits.
- Call 603-862-3823 for more information
- Health consultations with a health care provider
- Call 603-862-9355 or make an appointment
- Support from a wellness educator/counselor (students only)
- Medical Acupuncture
- Massage Therapy
Observe the 20 Foot Rule
According to UNH policy, smoking is not allowed within 20 feet of any building or intake unit on campus. If you choose to smoke, be aware of this policy to help decrease the health effects of secondhand smoke.
- Quit for Life Mobile App IOS and Android
- Zombie Smokeout Mobile App
- Smokeout Countdown Clock
- Online Resources and Tools
- Great American Smokeout
JOIN THE CONVERSATION: @UNHHealth #UNHKickButts