OISS looks forward to welcoming each new Exchange Visitor to UNH. Below are important considerations for the sponsoring department and Exchange Visitor to review.
It is the responsibility of the sponsoring department to assist the Exchange Visitor in securing housing.
- There are no on-campus housing options.
- Click Here for off-campus housing options. (Note: Search for an apartment that is on or near UNH's Wildcat Transit bus line.)
- Short-Term Scholars may wish to arrange housing at a local hotel:
The Exchange Visitor is required to purchase and enroll in an insurance plan that meets or exceeds the government regulations for the entire duration of his/her J-1 program.
Arranging Travel to the U.S.
The Exchange Visitor is allowed to enter the U.S. up to 30 days before his/her program start date (as stated on the Form DS-2019).
The Exchange Visitor is required to:
- Contact OISS to arrange an orientation/welcome meeting
- Contact OISS to arrange a hiring paperwork session (if paid by UNH)
- Keep OISS informed of any changes in arrival date