UNH will be hosting the CIEE Passport Caravan that will help at least 50 students apply for U.S. passports free of charge.
This event is part of our support of Generation Study Abroad. We hope to encourage more students to participate in the wide array of global opportunities by covering passport fees totaling $135. U.S. passports last for ten years, opening up a decade of possibilities for Wildcats to study, live, work, and travel abroad.
Student Selection process for a Free Passport
- Apply for Giveaway Program.
- Deadline is Thursday February 15th, 2018.
- Passport Giveaways will be awarded on a rolling basis.
- Applicants will be emailed, by mid-March 2018, if they are chosen to be a participant in the Passport Giveaway Program.
- Recipients will be required to do a document pre-check and set up an appointment for the passport application interview.
- The Passport Giveaway Program is Thursday April 5, 2018 in the MUB, recipients will be required to schedule an appointment with a Passport Agent to apply in person.
U.S. Passport Application and Supporting Documentation
Passport Application Form DS-11 – UNSIGNED
This may be completed ahead of time in black ink only, but DO NOT SIGN. It must be signed in the presence of a Passport Agent (i.e. at the Passport Giveaway Event on April 5).
Proof of U.S. Citizenship (provide only ONE of the following)
i) Certified U.S. birth certificate – photocopies CANNOT be accepted
ii) Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
iii) Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship
- Proof of Identity (provide only ONE of the following)
i) Recently issued Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship with easily recognizable photo
ii) Fully valid U.S. driver’s license
iii) Government employee ID (city, county, state or federal)
iv) U.S. Military ID or military dependent ID
*If you present an out-of-state ID, you must also present an additional ID.
- Passport Photo
i) Must be an official passport photo. Photos taken at home or cut from previous pictures CANNOT be accepted.
ii) Official passport photos can be obtained at locations near campus such as the Durham Post Office or CVS in Portsmouth.
The Passport Giveaway Program is sponsored by the UNH Global Education Center and CIEE.