Undergraduate Study Abroad & Diversity Abroad Awards
The purpose of these awards is to assist UNH undergraduate students cover additional costs that come with study abroad. Approximately 10 awards will be distributed each semester in the amounts of $500-$5000. The majority of grant awards are over $1000. Smaller grants may be awarded to students going abroad for less than one month.
NEW: CIEGE recently received an IIE Generation Study Abroad Grant and matching gift from a passionate alumna. This scholarship money is for students applying for Diversity Abroad Awards and is only available for spring and summer 2018 international experiences. Please consider applying for these expanded scholarship opportunities if you meet the Diversity Abroad Award criteria.
- The Foley-Jackson award provides $5,000 in financial assistance to sophomores who currently receive grant-eligible financial aid as defined by the UNH Office of Financial Aid (determined by FAFSA and estimated family contribution) and who will be studying abroad for a semester or academic year.
- The Yale Maria Fund supports students studying abroad in the Middle East.
To apply for a CIEGE Undergraduate Study Abroad Award, complete the application below that corresponds to the term(s) in which you will be applying and studying abroad. All completed applications should be hand delivered to the CIEGE office, G25 Nesmith Hall by the deadlines listed.
- Fall 2017 CIEGE Undergraduate Study Abroad Awards Application for study abroad in January term 2018, Spring break 2018 and Spring semester 2018. Application deadline Friday September 29, 2017 at noon
- Spring 2018 CIEGE Undergraduate Study Abroad Awards Application for study abroad in Summer 2018, Fall 2018 and Academic Year 2018-2019. Application deadline Friday March 2, 2018 at noon
The Diversity Abroad Award aims to provide financial support for under-represented students to study abroad and to expand the number of students studying abroad in non-traditional locations. CIEGE will award up to four $2500 scholarships in the fall 17 competition and three $2500 scholarships in the spring 18 competition to under-represented students and/or students studying in non-traditional locations. Preference will be given to those students studying abroad for the first time.
Regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, economic background and ability, education abroad is for all UNH students, including those in under-represented majors, such as science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and health. UNH also wants to diversify the countries and regions in which our students choose to have an international experience, encouraging travel to countries beyond Western Europe and Australia.
- Fall 2017 CIEGE Diversity Abroad Award Application for study abroad in January term 2018, Spring break 2018 and Spring semester 2018. Application deadline Friday September 29, 2017 at noon.
- Spring 2018 CIEGE Diversity Abroad Award Application for study abroad in Summer 2018, Fall 2018 and Academic Year 2018-2019. Application deadline Friday March 2, 2018 at noon.