B1/B2 Honoraria Reimbursements

Payment to Non-U.S. Citizens

UNH is enriched by foreign visitors involved in diverse activities including teaching and research, lectures, seminars, workshops and consultations. However, under current U.S. immigration law the employment and/or compensation of persons who are not U.S. citizens is governed by the specific immigrant or non-immigrant visa category or status held by the individual. In order to ensure that the University will legally be able to compensate its international visitors, the OISS and other offices must be notified well in advance of the proposed activity. You will find information on the following pages about reimbursing visitors for their expenses or for offering them an honorarium payment.

If you have any questions, please contact us at: (603) 862-1288 or by email on: oiss.advisor@unh.edu