Make a gift of publicly-traded securities to the University of New Hampshire Foundation and potentially save income tax and capital gains tax, too.
A gift of publicly-traded securities could be right for you if:
- You own publicly-traded securities that you have owned for at least one year.
- Some of these securities have increased in value since you bought them.
- Some of these securities may provide you with little or no income.
- You would like to make a gift to the University of New Hampshire Foundation.
How it works:
- You transfer shares of one or more publicly-traded securities, such as stock, bonds, and mutual funds, to UNH.
- The two most common ways to give publicly-traded securities are to make an outright gift of your securities or to make a gift of your securities and receive payments for life.
How to transfer Securities to the UNH Foundation
Contact the UNH Foundation in advance of the transfer. Tell the Foundation representative you’ve been working with the name of the stock, number of shares you will be donating, and the purpose of the gift (e.g. scholarships, or a particular college, department, team or program).
Notify your broker and supply him/her with the following information:
UNH Foundation’s broker is: Steward Partners / Raymond James
Mr. Constantine Harris, Financial Advisor
Maria Powers, Senior Registered Client Associate
29 Maplewood Avenue, #C
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Tel: (603) 427-8872 or (844) 572-4435
UNH Foundation Account at Steward Partners / Raymond James: 1769X319
UNH Foundation Tax ID: 02‐0437506
If you have any questions, please contact the UNH Foundation's Finance Department:
|Celine Austin, Gift Accounting Specialist||(603) 862-4233|
|Erik Gross '97G, Senior Executive Director of Finance & Treasurer||(603) 862-1584|
|Ed Harvey, Director of Finance and Operations||(603) 862-1955|