Cumulative gifts of $5,000,000 or more
Anna Lester Philbrook ’28 was a pioneer in the field of psychiatry (particularly in the area of the treatment of children) and community health. She was long active in the Philbrook Children’s Foundation, founded in her honor to finance therapy for children. She served as a university alumni trustee from 1949 to 1959, and was recognized for her dedication to her field and the children of the Granite State with an honorary degree of laws. She was honored in 1971 when Philbrook Dining Hall was dedicated to her, paying tribute to her impact on the university, the state and the field of psychiatry.
Cumulative gifts of $1,000,000 or more
Douglas and Helena McElwain Milne were generous benefactors of the university throughout their lives. They are perhaps best known for their gifts in support of Dimond Library's special collections which maintains approximately 18,000 linear feet of rare books, manuscripts, University records, photographs, sound recordings, and other materials.
Cumulative gifts of $500,000 or more
Reginald F. Atkins was a member of the class of 1928, and spent most of his life as a member of the commodities exchange. Upon his death in 1992, Atkins entrusted his estate to the university for scholarships, an endowed chair and athletics facilities.
Cumulative gifts of $100,000 or more
John S. Elliott was a member of the class of 1915, and was founder of the Elliott Rose Company in Madbury, New Hampshire. Elliott honored the university through a lifetime of leadership as a University System trustee, state legislator and benefactor.