Chair: Susan Endrizzi
The Student Affairs Committee will concern itself with student services and non-academic student programs, including athletics.
The chair will try to ensure that a member of this committee or the Faculty Senate can represent the faculty at the Student Senate as needed. The Student Affairs Committee is encouraged to invite a Student Senate observer to its meetings.
Reports and motions need to be forwarded electronically to the Agenda Committee for review and placement on the agenda, which will be sent to Senators on the Thursday or Friday before the Senate meeting. Every effort will be made to include reports and motions as electronic back-ups for each Faculty Senate meeting so that Senators have access to the material ahead of time and can be prepared to deliberate on the materials. The Committee’s assistance with preparing and submitting the documents to assist the Senate is greatly appreciated.
Vice President for Student Affairs and Academic Services
Student Affairs Committee
Charges for Academic Year 2018-19
A. Ongoing Charge
B. New Charges
The charges from the Agenda Committee shall comprise the major and first-order work of the Student Affairs Committee. However, the Committee may pursue additional issues in pursuit of its mission, stated above. If the additional issue interferes with the timelines stated in the charges above, the Committee must receive permission from the Agenda Committee before proceeding. If the additional interest does not interfere with the established timelines, the Committee must inform the Agenda Committee.
Student Affairs Committee Membership 2018-19
- Susan Endrizzi, Theatre & Dance, COLA, chair
- Martha Byam, Social Work, CHHS
- Harriet Fertik, Classics, Humanities, & Italian Studies, COLA
- Katya Karaivanova, Psychology, COLA
- John Miller, Kinesiology, CHHS
- Evangelos Simos, Economics, PCBE
- Richard Smith, Natural Resources & the Environment, COLSA
- Nena Stracuzzi, Sociology, COLA
- Elsa Upham, English, COLA
- Bill Woodward, Psychology, COLA
- Graduate Student Senate Representative
Student Senate Representative