Chair: David Finkelhor
The Research and Public Service Committee will concern itself with the University's research and public service programs.
Reports and motions need to be forwarded electronically to the Agenda Committee for review and placement on the agenda, which will be sent to Senators on the Thursday or Friday before the Senate meeting. Every effort will be made to include reports and motions as electronic back-ups for each Faculty Senate meeting so that Senators have access to the material ahead of time and can be prepared to deliberate on the materials. The Committee’s assistance with preparing and submitting the documents to assist the Senate is greatly appreciated.
Senior Vice Provost for Research; Senior Vice Provost for Engagement and Academic Outreach
Research and Public Service Committee
Charges for Academic Year 2017-2018
A. Ongoing Charge
B. New Charge
1. Look at engagement and scholarship and how those fit into university-wide standards for promotion and tenure.
2. Examine how the Senate’s recommended P&T guidelines are being implemented across colleges and departments.
3. If the administration returns with revised draft of their policy on start-up companies, consider this revised policy and report your findings to the Senate.
4. Follow-up on the university drones policy.
5. Review the new procedure for Internal Research Support Accounts from the office of the senior vice provost for research and report your findings to the Agenda Committee.
The charges from the Agenda Committee shall comprise the major and first-order work of the Research and Public Service Committee. However, the Committee may pursue additional issues in pursuit of its mission, stated above. If the additional issue interferes with the timelines stated in the charges above, the Committee must receive permission from the Agenda Committee before proceeding. If the additional interest does not interfere with the established timelines, the Committee must inform the Agenda Committee.
Research and Public Service Committee Membership 2017-2018
- David Finkelhor, Sociology, COLA, chair
- Kevin Gardner, Civil Engineering, CEPS
- Casey Golomski, Anthropology, COLA
- James Ramsay, UNH-Manchester
- Subrena Smith, Philosophy, COLA
- Robinson Swift, Mechanical Engineering, CEPS
- Anita Tucker, Social Work, CHHS
- Cameron Wake, Earth Sciences, COLSA
- Cheryl Whistler, Molecular, Cellular, & Biomedical Science, COLSA