Chair: Daniel Chavez
The Library Committee will concern itself with matters pertaining to the university library, including information technology as it pertains to the mission of the university library.
Reports and motions need to be forwarded electronically to the Agenda Committee for review and placement on the agenda, which will be sent to Senators on the Thursday or Friday before the Senate meeting. Every effort will be made to include reports and motions as electronic back-ups for each Faculty Senate meeting so that Senators have access to the material ahead of time and can be prepared to deliberate on the materials. The Committee’s assistance with preparing and submitting the documents to assist the Senate is greatly appreciated.
Chief Information Officer; Dean of the University Library
Charges for Academic Year 2017-2018
A. Ongoing Charges
1. Collaborate with the Dean in monitoring the condition and state of library collections, including data resources, and in assessing the adequacy of library staffing and faculty (see Senate Motion # XVII-M15 ).
2. Discuss budget strategies on as detailed a level as possible.
B. New Charges
1. Monitor the status of establishing appropriate climate control for the storage facilities for collections.
2. The administration has provided a verbal commitment to raise funding for library collections. The Library Committee should observe to see if that support materializes.
3. Monitor the library budget, their plans for collections, etc.
The charges from the Agenda Committee shall comprise the major and first-order work of the Library Committee. However, the Committee may pursue additional issues in pursuit of its mission, stated above. If the additional issue interferes with the timelines stated in the charges above, the Committee must receive permission from the Agenda Committee before proceeding. If the additional interest does not interfere with the established timelines, the Committee must inform the Agenda Committee.
Library Committee Membership 2017-2018
- Daniel Chavez, Languages, Literatures, & Cultures, COLA, chair
- Sachiko Akiyama, Art & Art History, COLA (on leave F17)
- Christopher Bauer, Chemistry, CEPS
- John Berst, Theatre & Dance, COLA
- Ludwig Bstieler, Marketing, PCBE
- Brian Chu, Art & Art History, COLA (proxy F17)
- Andrew Conroy, Thompson School of Applied Science, COLSA
- Robert Eshbach, Music, COLA
- Donna Schefer, Communication Science Disorders, CHHS
- Rosemary Taylor, Nursing, CHHS