Chair: John Hasseldine
The Library Committee will concern itself with matters pertaining to the university library, including information technology as it pertains to the mission of the university library.
Reports and motions need to be forwarded electronically to the Agenda Committee for review and placement on the agenda, which will be sent to Senators on the Thursday or Friday before the Senate meeting. Every effort will be made to include reports and motions as electronic back-ups for each Faculty Senate meeting so that Senators have access to the material ahead of time and can be prepared to deliberate on the materials. The Committee’s assistance with preparing and submitting the documents to assist the Senate is greatly appreciated.
Chief Information Officer; Dean of the University Library
Charges for Academic Year 2019-2020 - Not yet published
Library Committee Membership for 2019-2020
CHAIR: John Hasseldine
Phillip Deen, UNH Manchester
Marc Herold, Economics PAUL
Jeffrey Halpern, Chemical Engineering CEPS
Donna Schefer, as proxy for Don Robin, Communication Sciences & Disorders HHS
Mike Merenda, Management PAUL
Joseph Terry, Communication COLA
Charges for Academic Year 2018-19
1. Collaborate with the Dean in monitoring the condition and state of the library collections including data resources. Within this general charge are identified the following high priorities: a) escalated attention to the sustainable collections budget model and other budget impacts; b) fostering interest in open access alternatives on campus; c) preparing the campus for a new Library Services Platform.
2. Examine and make recommendations how to strengthen the liaison program, if appropriate. Make sure our lines of communication with the designated library liaisons in each department of the college are in place and functioning properly to make liaisons aware of the upcoming changes affecting the infrastructure, the current collections and the accessing of digital resources in the future.
3. Work with the VP for Finance and Administration to create and implement a firm plan for appropriate climate control systems for the collections storage facility.
4. In consultation with the Dean, ensure that the library faculty, staff, and collections are appropriately and adequately funded.
5. Work with Dean Tara Fulton to identify library initiatives that have impact on the academic mission. Some suggested items: Collection space planning, ideas for Dimond Library space revitalization, data management services, digital scholarship support, and the questions how the library plays a role in NEASC student learning outcomes assessment.
The charges from the Agenda Committee shall comprise the major and first-order work of the Library Committee. However, the Committee may pursue additional issues in pursuit of its mission, stated above. If the additional issue interferes with the timelines stated in the charges above, the Committee must receive permission from the Agenda Committee before proceeding. If the additional interest does not interfere with the established timelines, the Committee must inform the Agenda Committee.
Library Committee Membership 2018-2019
- Daniel Chavez, Languages, Literatures, & Cultures, COLA, chair
- Sachiko Akiyama, Art & Art History, COLA
- Christopher Bauer, Chemistry, CEPS
- John Berst, Theatre & Dance, COLA
- Bob Eshbch, Music, COLA
- Mike Merenda, Management, PCBE
- Donna Schefer, Communication Science Disorders, CHHS
- Rosemary Taylor, Nursing, CHHS
- Sterling Tomellini, Chemistry, CEPS