Headquartered in New York, Butter Beans Inc. provides healthy meals and food education for bodies and minds through our tasty, nutritious Food Service program for school meals, Food & Garden Summer Camp, and After-School Cooking Classes. We aim to improve the health and welfare of our communities today by empowering individuals with the skills and knowledge of seasonal, healthy, sustainable foods.
Butter Beans is seeking an Events & Marketing Coordinator to organize community events and spearhead marketing campaigns that further the reach of the Butter Beans wellness initiatives. This position will report directly to both the Director of Food Education, and the Director of Community & Nutrition.
● Coordinate and implement diverse promotional events, including open houses, cooking classes, wellness workshops and community trips to urban gardens.
● Work with the Director of Food Education to assess event staffing needs and opportunities for collaboration with partner organizations.
● Contribute in building relationships and collaborating with partner organizations to host Butter Beans community events across NYC.
● Design and edit promotional materials.
● Develop and execute advertising and marketing tools for wellness initiatives, including press releases, dedicated e-blasts, virtual and print advertisements, and editorials.
● Implement defined marketing strategy.
● Manage marketing budget and create reports on return on investment for activities.
● Source opportunities for speaking engagements for Butter Beans management team
● Other responsibilities, as needed.
● Ability to work creatively to implement outstanding events while adhering to a budget.
● Superb oral and written communication skills.
● Minimum of 1 year PR and media relations experience; sales experience and relationships with relevant media outlets a plus.
● Minimum of 1 year working with summer camp programs, or a related field.
● Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work on multiple projects at once.
● Highly organized, responsible, creative, dependable, flexible, patient and detail-oriented.
● Team player and analytical thinker with a strong work ethic, high energy, and good sense of humor.
● Passionate and knowledgeable about healthy eating, cooking, food, farming, and community wellness.
● Desire to create change by inspiring communities to become responsible eaters and future food leaders.
Time commitment + Location: 20 hours per week. Approximate start date is January 5th, 2015. Interviews will begin the week of December 15th, 2014. This position requires travel to NYC-based events and will be based at the Butter Beans office in Sunnyside, Queens with the possibility to do some work remotely.
To apply: Please send a resume, three work references, and cover letter, expressing your experience in marketing and interest in food education to email@example.com