Position: Director of Development and Programs
Status: Full Time/Salaried
Reports to: Executive Director
The West Virginia Food & Farm Coalition (WVFFC) is seeking a Director of Development and Programs. This position works closely with WVFFC staff and partners as support for all fundraising and grant writing initiatives in addition to leading programming aspects.
Successful candidates will be detail oriented with excellent organizational and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively, and possess an interest in fundraising. Candidate should possess the ability to develop relationships with partners and stakeholders easily. Candidate should have a basic understanding of local food systems, but the Coalition will provide additional training.
Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred); minimum 1-3 years experience in related field, non-profit a plus; excellent writing and communications skills; excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and desktop publishing; some evenings, weekends, and travel required.
Development Support 50%
- Work with Executive Director and staff to identify new funding streams via foundation, government, donor, and member relations.
- Lead fundraising efforts via grant writing, sustainer campaign advancement, online store promotion, and help plan fundraising events.
- Assist WVFFC staff members with their grant writing by helping staff brainstorm, research, write, edit, and submit grant proposals.
- Maintain and update all grant files (both electronic and hard copies) for accurate record keeping and progress reporting.
- Maintain grant tracking worksheet, development calendar, and grant reporting to ensure that all deadlines are met.
- Actively participate in cross-functional staff meetings designed to promote innovation cooperation.
Programmatic Support 25%
- Serve as a liaison to WVFFC Working Groups to enhance communication between WVFFC and Working Groups, provide project support, provide planning support, and ensure grant outcomes are met
- Plan components of new programs, including outcome development, role of collaborating partners, evaluation method, and budget
Administrative Support 25%
- Assist Executive Director in organizational and program budget development and management
- Submit payroll to third-party payroll management
- Maintain day-to-day accounting via QuickBooks
- Work with contracted CPA to ensure bookkeeping accuracy
Please send your letter of interest with writing sample, resume, and three references to: Elizabeth Spellman, Executive Director, ESpellman@wvfoodandfarm.org . Please include “Development Director Application” in the email subject line. Applications will be accepted until May 3rd, with an expected start date of May 31, 2016. Compensation will be in the range of $35,000 – $37,000 depending on the applicant’s level of experience. A benefits package will be available.
The mission of the West Virginia Food & Farm Coalition is to improve the viability of the local food sector statewide by building and supporting a network of those involved in West Virginia’s local food economies.
Through this network, The West Virginia Food & Farm Coalition develops regional foodsheds and builds connections among those foodsheds by GROWING food and farm business, PROMOTING access to local foods, SHARING resources, CHANGING agricultural policy, MAPPING and CONNECTING the local food sector, and TELLING West Virginia’s food and farm story.
The West Virginia Food and Farm Coalition is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and is based in Fayette County, WV.
Megan Smith, Program Coordinator
West Virginia Food & Farm Coalition