Chefs Collaborative seeks a mission-driven individual with a commitment to the sustainable food movement and a track record in corporate relations and fundraising.
This is a part-time, contract position. This person will report to the Executive Director.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Identify, cultivate and strategically solicit corporate donors and marketing partners.
- Achieve aggressive financial targets, which produce unrestricted funds to support the operational budget.
- Develop written proposals in support of planned institutional initiatives for presentation to targeted prospects within the corporate market.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of Chefs Collaborative programs to effectively communicate initiatives to current and prospective funders.
- Create and maintain a high level of personal prospect contact with appropriate and relevant executive leadership to attract broader corporate interest, support and investments in Chefs Collaborative.
- Partner with the Executive Director and other staff to coordinate activities designed to build and sustain strong relationships with corporate contacts.
- Lead the procurement of necessary in-kind corporate support.
- Create, develop, and manage the production of all corporate-related collateral materials.
- Oversee fulfillment of all new corporate sponsorship commitments.
- Work with appropriate staff leadership to determine program parameters and sponsorship deliverables.
- Ensure routine communication is maintained with key contacts and corporate supporters to foster investment.
- Coordinate communication across divisions to ensure understanding of commitments and adherence to grants.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 5 to 7 years of development experience.
- Experience working in the restaurant industry a plus.
- Proven track record of closing and renewing five and six figure gifts, specifically within the corporate sectors.
- Knowledge and understanding of marketing and branding to promote the mission of corporate partners as well as extending their brand reach to a target audience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ease and experience dealing with senior corporate and foundation executives is required.
- Strong organizational skills and computer literacy are essential.
- Ability to work independently, as well as a member of a team required.
- Flexibility to work occasional weekend and evening hours. This position may require some travel.
Compensation: This is a contract position. Rate of pay is competitive with similar nonprofits.
Application process: Send cover letter and resume to Melissa Kogut, Executive Director, at email@example.com by September 18, 2013.