BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support out neighbors to build a stronger community. The Healthy and Livable Mott Haven Partnership is a place-based initiative aiming to decrease rates of chronic health conditions such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and obesity in the Mott Haven section of the Bronx. We seek to 1) Increase access to healthy food and opportunities for active living; 2) Increase knowledge, awareness, and utilization of healthy food options and opportunities for active living; and 3) Strengthen community capacity to collaboratively promote healthy eating and physical activity.
We are seeking a full-time Community Nutrition Program Coordinator to coordinate food access and nutrition education activities which include 1) Promoting farmers markets; 2) Implementing the Shop Healthy program in BronxWorks sites; 3) Offering nutrition and health education through courses, cooking demonstrations, and community food tours.
Provide nutrition and food education workshops for seniors, working-age adults, and youth in community-based settings
- Develop nutrition and food education curriculum for accessing healthy food resources in Mott Haven (community food tours)
- Coordinate cooking demonstrations in various settings including community centers, senior centers, farmers markets, and grocery stores
- Train community members to conduct cooking demonstrations
- Attend community and city-wide network meetings
- Collaborate with Healthy and Livable Mott Haven Partners to support all program areas
- Support program evaluation efforts, track progress, and maintain detailed documentation of program activities
- Conduct outreach and recruit program participants
- Assist Program Director in the planning, development, and implementation of a collaborative place-based community health program
Registered Dietitian or RD eligible required. MPH/Masters degree in nutrition or related field highly desirable.
- Experience in program development, nutrition education, program implementation required
- Self-starter who thrives in a team environment
- Outgoing, passionate, and highly motivated to address an important community need
- Good writing, speaking, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detailed required
- Bilingual English/Spanish a major plus
Interested applicants, please send a resume and cover letter to Kim Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Community Nutrition Program Coordinator” in the subject line.
Kim Wong, MPH
Community Health Programs
1130 Grand Concourse
Bronx, NY 10456