Hot Bread Kitchen is a non-profit social enterprise bakery that creates professional opportunities for immigrant women. In order to fund our professional training programs, we sell a line of fresh, multi-ethnic breads baked using traditional recipes, inspired by our bakers. We train our bakers in English, business skills, and kitchen math so that they are ready to launch new careers as business owners and culinary professionals.
Hot Bread Kitchen is a non-profit, social enterprise bakery that creates professional opportunities for immigrant women. In order to fund our professional training programs we sell a line of multiethnic fresh breads baked with traditional recipes inspired by our bakers. We train our bakers in English, business skills, and kitchen math so that they can launch new careers as business owners and culinary professionals.
We are seeking an experienced baker to join our team. Candidate must work well with others to create a positive work environment. He or she must be hard working, efficient and patient. The ability to continue to learn and pass this knowledge along is desired.
- Weigh flour and other ingredients to prepare dough
- Mix all dough to specification
- Make sure that each dough is produced as needed based on production demands
- Properly time the mixing of the different dough based on production schedule
- Troubleshoot variables affecting mixing/baking
- Maintaining good operational order in the production and oven room
- Bake all shaped dough to specification and ensures high standard of product quality
- Communicate with packing team to let them know what is ready to be packed and what is not
- Assist with training of new bakers on all aspects of mixing and/or baking
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Experienced with naturally leavened doughs
- Familiar with different mixing techniques
- Must be able to read production sheets
- Must have comprehensive knowledge in baking
- Must be able to gauge the condition of dough for readiness of bake
- Flexibility in working weekends and holidays
- Must be able to adhere to schedule
- Able to lift 50#
- Able to stand for 8 hours
Compensation this position is PAID