Eligibility and Important Dates
Because part of the intent of the Maurice Prize is the learning during the development of the innovative idea you as a student have, the process starts with you registering your intent to compete for the Maurice Prize. You then are responsible to work and develop your idea/innovation followed by submitting a final submission of your “Formal Analysis”. A team of judges will evaluate the written submission and select a limited number of finalists to present to the judges in person.
- The Maurice Prize at UNH is limited to UNH undergraduate students only
- Can be submitted as an individual UNH undergraduate student or as a team of UNH undergraduate students
- NO class projects or papers are eligible to win the Maurice Prize
- Projects are of the student/team’s choosing but are required to be extra-curricular and not used as part of any academic credit course including independent study
- Registration on Intention to Compete: October 2, 2017 - February 1, 2018
- REQUIRED - Submit online here
- The earlier this is submitted, the more time you have to work on your project. Time worked on project will be part of the evaluation criteria.
- Work on the Project until the Submission of Formal Analysis Deadline of March 27, 2018
- Submission of “Formal Analysis” Due: March 27, 2018 by 9:00am
- REQUIRED - See requirements of Formal Analysis in Submission Information section
- Email to ECenter Program Manager Heather MacNeill at email@example.com or deliver in person at the ECenter (21 Madbury Road, Durham, NH)
- Formal Analysis from each individual/team will be reviewed by the Judges from March 27 - April 9, 2018
- Finalists Announced and Notified: April 10, 2018
- Finalist Presentations: April 16, 2018 from 12:00pm - 5:00pm at the ECenter
- Winner Announced*: April 16, 2018 by 6:30pm
*Subject to change. All teams will be informed prior of date changes.