$16,000 Summer Seed Grant
Get paid to work on your idea or early stage start-up over the summer!
The Peter T. Paul Entrepreneurship Center (ECenter), with the support of Pierce Atwood, LLP, invites all freshmen, sophomores, and juniors to submit applications for grant funding to take their entrepreneurial ideas to the next level through the development of prototypes, business models and/or companies during the summer months.
Summer is one of the best times for students to work on ideas and early stage start-ups. This grant allows a student/students to focus full time attention on the venture and receive a grant payment to do so in lieu of having to find a summer job.
All University of New Hampshire freshmen, sophomores, and juniors are eligible to submit proposals if you have exciting ideas or early stage venture you want to continue to develop. Up to four students will be selected. This also may be especially interesting to students that have enrolled in entrepreneurship courses and programs of study, students who are members of the entrepreneurship club, student participants in the Holloway Challenge and/or the NHSVIC, and students who participated in the Undergraduate Research Conference who aspire to commercialize their research.
Important 2020 Dates:
- 2020 SUMMER SEED Grant Applications Open: February 3, 2020
- Information Session and Application Workshop (Optional): February 27, 12:45 PM - 2:00 PM at the ECenter
- Deadline to Submit Application: March 11, 2020 at 11:59 PM
- Finalist Notification: March 30, 2020
- Finalists In-Person Presentation to Judges: April 21, 2020 from 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Winning Team Announcement: April 21, 2020
- Summer Seed Grant Program Dates: June 1 - July 31, 2020
- End of Summer Presentations: August 4, 2020
Find Out More:
To learn more about the Summer Seed Grant, please email Program Manager Heather MacNeill.