When do UNH Dining meal services begin?
The first day of meal services will begin on August 25th.
What is UNH Dining doing to keep my student safe?
The safety of our UNH community is important to us. The following procedures are in place
- Students will check themselves in with their student ID. Receptionists will not handle IDs and finger scan entry is no longer in use.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance of each location, with additional hand sanitizing stations located throughout the facilities
- All staff and students are required to wear masks
- Meals will be served by staff in disposable containers
- Dining hall seating will be at reduced density
- Social Distancing will be required according to guidelines
- High touch surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected at a minimum of every two hours
- Staff will continue to follow the strictest safe food handling procedures
What will dining options look like in the fall semester? Will all stations in the dining halls be open?
We are planning several scenarios that range from limited options and take-out only to normal operations. Our target for fall is all operations and concepts open, reduced seating, no self-service or cooked to order items.
Do I need to buy a higher unlimited plan with more to-go options due to Covid-19?
In all Covid-19 planning modes, other than normal operations, Meals to Go are included as a regular part of each unlimited meal plan regardless of the number of Meals to Go included with each plan.
What is the incentive in buying the Campus or Premiere Meal Plan?
The price difference between plans is only the difference in Dining Dollars associated with the plan. Dining Dollars can be used at all UNH Dining establishments, including the Wildcatessen, Philbrook Cafe, UNH Dairy Bar, Café Central, all dining halls, and on-campus vending machines. When you use Dining Dollars to purchase items at Dining locations, you get a 5% discount at the register. In addition, you have the added value of additional guest meals for use in the dining halls and Meals to Go that can be used as a meal swipe in participating cafes and stores.
Are plans still Unlimited?
Students are welcome to enter the halls as often as they like. Meals to Go will be limited each visit to a reasonable portion and consumption level.
Are there exceptions being made to the meal plan requirement because of Covid?
All students who reside in University housing (except Babcock Hall, The Gables and Woodside apartment residents) are required to purchase a meal plan from the designated mandatory choices. There are no exceptions to this requirement. The Core, Campus and Campus Premier meal plans satisfy the requirement.