May 11, 2021
Dear Members of the Durham UNH Community—
All faculty, staff, students and contractors who need access to the Durham campus must test even if they are fully vaccinated and have a valid Wildcat Pass. Students living in Durham or the surrounding area but not planning to be on campus are encouraged to continue to test.
ALL Faculty, Staff and Contractors: Please complete this survey about your summer and vaccination plans even if you don’t plan to test over the summer. If you are fully vaccinated, please upload your vaccination card ( learn how here) or fax a copy to Health & Wellness at (603) 862-4259. This is not required but will help the administration better plan for the fall semester.
- If you will need to access campus over the summer, you must continue testing one day per week, regardless of your vaccination status.
- If you are fully vaccinated, please upload your vaccination card. Once verified you will only be required to test one day a week for the summer, every seven days.
- If you go longer than eight days without submitting a sample your WCP will move to deny status and you will need to submit another sample to make it active.
- If you are not vaccinated or are partially vaccinated continue testing two days a week; we recommend Monday/Thursday.
- If you go longer than five days without submitting a sample your WCP will move to deny status and you will need to submit another sample to make it active. You must have at least one day between test submissions.
- If you are not vaccinated, do not live in the Durham area and would like to request an exception to twice a week testing please email COVID@unh.edu. Please include your home location and what days each week you plan to be on campus.
If you will be leaving the Durham area and will miss one or more tests, you do NOT need to email email@example.com or complete a form. Your Wildcat Pass will go invalid, and you will be responsible for obtaining a valid pass before returning to campus. To revalidate your Wildcat Pass, submit a test and wait for the results. Results can take up to 24 hours, please check lab hours and plan accordingly.
Summer 2021 Test Drop Locations and Kit Pickup
There are new indoor locations and hours for COVID drop boxes for the summer. Beginning Monday, May 24, tests can be submitted Monday-Thursday, any day, any time before 4 p.m. The last pickup Monday–Thursday will be at 4 p.m. If you submit a sample Monday-Wednesday after 4 p.m. it will go to the lab and be processed the following morning. All drop boxes will be locked Thursday at 4 p.m. and reopened by 9 a.m. the following Monday. Any sample left on top of or near a locked drop box after Thursday at 4 p.m. will be rejected by the lab.
The summer drop boxes:
- Holloway Commons (HoCo) Dining Hall
- West Edge: drive-up option (moved into parking attendant booth to shelter from heat)
- Hamel Recreation Center lobby
- Congreve Hall lobby facing New Hampshire Hall
- A-Lot tunnel entrance
- Health & Wellness by the main entrance
- MUB 213 COVID Testing Operations Office (Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.)
Testing kits and labels are available in the Memorial Union Building (MUB) room 213 across from the mailroom, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., except on university holidays.
UNH COVID Lab & COVID Testing Operations Office in the MUB will be CLOSED:
- Memorial Day 5/31 – Submit test on Tuesday 6/1 if Monday tester
- Juneteenth, observed 6/18 – Submit test on Wednesday 6/16 if Thursday tester
- 4th of July, observed 7/5 – Submit test on Tuesday 7/6 if Monday tester
Chief of Police /Associate VP for Public Safety and Risk Management and Co-Chair of UNH Testing and Tracing Committee
Senior Vice Provost for Research, Economic Engagement and Outreach; and Co-Chair of UNH Testing and Tracing Committee