Overview of the Program:
- The purpose of this program is for students to connect with other students to engage in conversations about internships experiences.
- Student mentors have completed or are currently completing an internship experience are and willing to provide information and advice to other students.
- Student mentees may be interested in finding out more information about where UNH students have completed internships, inquire about the search and application process, or seek information about a specific industry or company.
- The Student-Student Internship Experience is hosted on Wildcat Connections, a brand new easy-to-use platform for networking, engaging and learning from the UNH alumni & student network.
- Students mentors have volunteered to share their internship experiences with other students.
- Prospective interns are encouraged to connect with student mentors to learn more about their internships.
- Student mentees may filter by student major, company, or industry.
- Student mentees may arrange a meeting similar to an informational interview.
- Students mentees are encouraged to prepare a list of questions in advance.
Search, Application, Interview Process
- When did you begin looking for internship opportunities?
- How did you hear about the internship/where did you see the internship posting?
- What was the application process like/How long did the process take from start to finish?
- What was the interview process for the position?
At the Internship Site
- What was a typical day like during your internship?
- What responsibilities and tasks were you given?
- How would you describe the company culture?
- What was the most rewarding part of your internship experience? What were the challenges?
- Would you recommend this company to other prospective interns?
- Do you have any advice for a student who is looking to intern at the company?
Contact Info for Program Manager
For questions or concerns, please contact Stephanie Banks.