Employers - Connect with us!
UNH Success Stories
- Fighting Suicide with ScienceAugust 16th, 2018Michael Staley didn’t plan to be the first person in America to have his job, but his life experiences were preparing him for exactly that. Staley, a doctoral candidate in sociology at UNH, has been making headlines for his work as Utah’s psychological autopsy examiner, a post in the Office of the Medical Examiner that was created by the legislature in direct response to the state’s suicide problem. Headlines about celebrity suicides have been dominating recent news cycles, and a Centers for Disease Control study indicates suicide rates have been on the climb across the country in the past 20 years. The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), referencing the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) WISQARS Leading Causes of Death Reports, which examined data from 1999 to...
- Shaping a Career From Shifting SandsAugust 14th, 2018Meagan Wengrove ('18G) has carved her career out of water and sand movement, thanks in part to the evolution of the UNH Marine School.
- Metaphysics of Mind and MoreAugust 10th, 2018UNH has been awarded a NEH grant for a seminar on philosophy.
- Above the BarAugust 9th, 2018Andrew Shapiro '21 has been busy this summer, training to break three world records for a good cause.
- To See the Bottom of the SeaAugust 8th, 2018UNH engineers and students recently returned from a voyage to deploy the first autonomous surface vessel from a NOAA ship.
- Seed Coats Could Lead to “Smart” Materials, New UNH research FindsAugust 8th, 2018UNH researchers found the puzzle-like structure of the delicate seed coat of plants like purslane could hold the secret to creating new smart materials.