What to do Before the Fair:
- No pre-registration required. Bring your Student ID to swipe in though.
- Log in to Wildcat Careers -->Select Events on the left-hand side-->Select Spring 2018 Career & Internship Fair
- Review and search in Wildcat Careers to see which companies are attending
- Research the target companies you are interested in speaking with
- Visit the About Us tab to make sure you know what kind of work they do
- Check the Careers tab to read any relevant job descriptions in detail
- Practice your 30-second pitch: your job is to convince them that you are a great fit for their organization
- They will most likely ask you why you are interested in their company specifically, so include these details in your pitch. Also ask yourself, “What do I have to offer?”
- Print and bring multiple copies of your resume
What to do the Day Of the Fair:
- Dress professionally
- Get there early so you have plenty of time to walk around and get comfortable
- When you’re ready to talk to companies, start speaking to companies NOT on your target list; this will give you a chance to practice your pitch and get comfortable
- Make eye contact, smile, and give a firm handshake
- When speaking with your target companies, be sure to ask for a business card
- After you walk away from the table, be sure to write a quick note on the back of the card; assuming you’ll have many cards, you’ll want to be sure you can remember key details or follow-up instructions from specific conversations
- If companies ask you to apply online after you give them your resume, Don't be offended. Many companies today have hiring policies that require every job applicant to be officially registered in their system.
Dress for Success, courtesy the UNH Social Media team.
What to do After the Fair:
- Follow up with employers you had an interest in; send a quick thank you email and let them know you have completed the online application (if requested)
- A conversation today can lead to a job tomorrow!
Employer Advice for Students Attending the Fair:
- Research the company beforehand
- Dress appropriately
- Offer resume before being asked
- Bring enough resumes
- Approach tables with confidence
- Have questions for the company
- Stop by booths outside of your radar
- Know the type of position you are looking for
- Treat every meeting like an interview
- Don't stay with your friends
First Time Attendee Career Fair Tours
Are you interested in seeing a career fair in action but are not sure what to do? Take one of FOUR tours and learn everything the fair has to offer.
Whittemore Center Concourse
12:30 PM | 1:30 PM | 2:30 PM | 3:30 PM