How To Become A Work-Study Site
- Be a public or private non-profit organization without political or religious affiliation.
- Offer a quality internship or part-time job opportunity.
- Contact Kim Rhine in the UNH Financial Aid for the application process which includes confirmation of workers comp, credit check, and contract completion. This process can take 2-3 weeks.
- Post your position in Handshake (formerly Wildcat Careers).
The Benefits Of Becoming A Work-Study Site
- Hire a UNH student for half the expense! 50% of the student's pay will be funded through UNH Federal Work Study.
- The host site is responsible for 50% of student's pay, FICA, and other related taxes.
- Be competitive and pay more! The employer sets the hourly wage.
- Increase your number of student workers! Off-campus organizations have no cap on the number of work-study students they can hire from September - April. There is a cap from May-August, usually 2 students.
For more information on the Federal Work Study Program, please visit their site.