Join us for Spring 2021 Start-Up & High-Growth Company Career Fair
UNH opened the Entrepreneurship Center (ECenter) in 2016. The ECenter is the co-curricular heart of ideas, innovation, and entrepreneurship at UNH. Its goal is to create the next generation of leaders with an entrepreneurial mindset who can see opportunities and identify creative solutions others have missed, one idea at a time. Although part of UNH, the ECenter is independent of any one college to allow for interdisciplinary collaboration. In 2017, the ECenter won an international award for the "Most Outstanding Emerging Entrepreneurship Center” from the Global Consortium of Entrepreneurship Centers.
The career fair at UNH just for start-ups and high-growth companies will help you find students with a wide range of skills and an understanding and passion for start-up environments.
Students’ entrepreneurial skill sets come from the academic and experiential learning that happens across campus in every college, regardless of major.
UNH E-Club’s Start-Up & High-Growth Company Career Fair Details
A career fair like no other you have been to at UNH!
We always tell students that innovators and start-ups do things differently… the UNH E-Club’s Start-Up & High-Growth Company Career Fair will model that!
This will be for full-time, part-time and paid internship positions.
- Set-up: Traditional career fair table set-up but we will look to have an energetic and fun environment
- THE COMPANY PITCH: Each company will stand in front of students on stage to give their “1-minute elevator pitch”. Students will vote on the best pitch! Awards to be given. A FUN and good way for students know about companies, what positions are hiring, and why students should make sure to meet with participating companies!
- Students will then be free to meet with employers at tables/booths
You have the skill sets start-up and high-growth companies want in their hires: marketing, sales, finance, software development, customer service, and specific skills that relate to your major and their company focus. Start-up and high-growth companies are looking to hire students who are proven problem solvers, innovators, and have been engaged in these areas at UNH.
Why work at a start-up or high-growth company?
- They pay!
- They have fast-paced and fun environments
- Usually, your career can progress faster as the company grows faster
- Generally, you can get more levels of responsibility due to the fact that start-ups/high-growth companies often need their employees to wear “multiple hats”
- Start-ups look to hire talent in every category, but they’re flexible enough to see talent in people who don’t fit into a specific skill category—and find a role for that talented person
Attendance is FREE!
BONUS: There will be raffles for cool swag and gift certificates
WE NEED YOU TO BE A JUDGE: All companies will get on stage and give a “1-minute pitch” about the company and who they are looking to hire. ALL STUDENTS will vote on which start-up has the best pitch.
Be a part of the innovative and entrepreneurship story at UNH and join us at the UNH E-Club's Start-Up & High-Growth Company Career Fair on March 8, 2021.
- 5–5:30 p.m. - Plan to arrive (please do not arrive earlier than 5 p.m. as the venue will not be open)
Refer to your confirmation email for parking instructions in Campus Crossing Lot
- 6–8 p.m. - Scheduled time for Fair (doors open promptly at 6 p.m. for students)
Registration & Payment
How to Register
- Log into your Handshake account.
- If you do not have a Handshake account yet, click here to register. Your registration will be approved within 5 days.
- Once you are approved, you can register for the UNH E-Club’s Start-Up & High-Growth Company Career Fair from your homepage by selecting University of New Hampshire.
- Please fill out the full registration form. Based on the registration form, students will be able to research and identify your organization at the fair. Please note, all documents identifying employers have maintained the registration's original formatting - this is to ensure students will be able to locate the employer in Handshake.
- Registrations are approved on Fridays. We will review your request and send you a confirmation email after it's been approved.
- After your registration has been approved, you can then log in and upload any job/internships you will be recruiting for at the event.
- If you need to make any changes to your registration, please email email@example.com and changes will be made on Fridays.
Table Registration Options
Cancellation deadline: February 28, 2020 at 4:00 PM
If you must cancel, please do so IN WRITING before Friday, February 28, 2020.
- Parking will be located in our Campus Crossing Lot. The event is located in the Ecenter.
- We STRONGLY recommend you carpool with your colleagues.