Thursday, October 29, 2020 - 5:00pm to 8:00pm
Hosted by the St. Martin Career Office in the College of Life Sciences and Agriculture, the Virtual Biotech Career Fair and Industry Panel Sessions consists of 18 life science career fair employers and includes four industry panel sessions where students learn more about topics of interest within the biotech sector.
The below panels will occur during the career fair. Join us by selecting and attending any number of sessions of interest.
5:00-8:00 Students may register to meet with employers via Handshake from 5:00-8:00 PM and panel presentations will occur concurrently.
PANEL TOPICS and PRESENTERS
5:00-5:30 So You Want to Work in a Biotech Startup
5:30-6:00 Looking Into The Future: What the Life Sciences Horizon Looks Like and Skills Students Should Consider
6:00-6:30 Big Data/Computational Biology and Its Impact on The Biotech Sector
6:30-7:00 Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Bench and Clinical Research
All students, from first-year to seniors and graduate students are encouraged to register for the event. A virtual format will enhance the experience, allowing you to:
- Meet with employers. Interact with recruiters through video, audio, or chat.
- Discover new career opportunities. Get personalized recommendations based on your Handshake profile for which employers to connect with.
- Never wait in line, ever. Pre-schedule 1:1 or group sessions with employers you’re interested in, or join an open session on the day-of the fair.
- Make an impression. Bring your unique perspective to the table, ask great questions, and follow up with recruiters after the fair.
We know this may be your first virtual fair experience and you might be unsure how to prepare. St. Martin Careers has put together a number of resources linked below, and you are encouraged to schedule a meeting with a St. Martin career advisor. Live chats will be available on September 8th via the CaPS website, unh.edu/career.
Helpful Links to Prepare for the fair:
- Virtual Career Fair Tips and Tricks from Handshake
- How to register for virtual career fair sessions in Handshake
- Resume Templates from St. Martin Careers
- Schedule an appointment via Handshake
During the fair, attendees are invited to visit St. Martin Careers' virtual booth for questions, technical issues, and 1:1 conversations with career counselors throughout the event.
Keep checking here on Handshake to see the growing list of employers attending, more information and dates you’ll be able to register for sessions and meetings, and more tips on how to get the most out of a virtual career fair.