Enhance your readiness for promotion and tenure by identifying goals in the areas of teaching, research, and service, and develop strategies for achieving those goals
Achieving tenure and promotion to associate professor depends upon demonstrating excellence in teaching and research and balancing these with contributions to service. As an assistant professor, you are invited to attend this three-part workshop series that will help you identify where you are on the path to tenure, where you want to be, and how you can strengthen your record.
The UNH ADVANCE Pathways to Tenure program is open to all assistant professors. We seek participants interested in enhancing their readiness for tenure by identifying goals in the areas of teaching, research, and service, and developing strategies for achieving those goals.
Participation in the UNH ADVANCE Pathways to Tenure program is voluntary. However, if you decide to participate, we require you to commit to attend and fully engage in all three of the following workshops: The program also requires some advance preparation for each 2.5-hour workshop. The workshops will feature individual and panel presentations, small group discussions with UNH Deans, Department Chairs, and Senior Colleagues while maximizing the time for individual goal setting and reflection.
The 2021 Pathways to Tenure Program will be all virtual via Zoom.
Nuts & Bolts of the Promotion and Tenure Process and Finding Good Advice
Thursday, January 28, 2021, 1:00-3:30 PM
- Overview & Meet Your Peers
- Mentoring: How to Create a Network of Trusted Senior Colleagues at UNH and Beyond
- Nuts and Bolts of the P and T Process
Navigating your Department and Creating a Scholarly Reputation
Thursday, February 18, 2021, 1:00-3:30 PM
- Q and A Panel with Department Chairs from Across the UNH Colleges
- Challenges and Opportunities in Formal Assessments (annual reviews, student evaluations, peer evaluations)
- Navigating Department Cultures
College Promotion and Tenure Standards and Setting Goals for Work-Life Balance
Thursday, March 25, 2021, 1:00-3:30 PM
- Q and A Panel with College Promotion and Tenure Committees
- UNH Policies on Family and Medical Leaves
- Managing work-life balance: goal setting, time management, and self-preservation
Pathways to Tenure is a continuing program. Please check back for the dates of our next series of workshops and for further developments to the Pathways to Tenure program. For questions, contact Kate Siler at email@example.com