Oral presentation conferences
The Connors Writing Center also offers assistance with speeches and presentations. Come see us at any stage of your presentation work: planning, review, or rehearsal.
To set up an oral presentation conference, schedule an appointment online as you would a writing conference. In the “What would you like to work on today?” box, write that you are working on an oral presentation.
Video and PowerPoint resources
- "Effective Presentations" [PowerPoint, 1.1 MB]: Prepared and delivered by Peter Masucci, who teaches Marketing in the Whittemore School of Business and Economics at UNH. Although it is not intended as a stand-alone vehicle, it is useful as an outline for preparing a presentation and also as a model when viewed in conjunction with other sources.
- "Terrible Presentations (and How Not to Give One)" [PowerPoint, 3.9 MB]: From the University of Wisconsin, a presentation on the basics that should be considered when preparing a presentation.
- Video: Advice on using (and not using) PowerPoint
Handouts for oral presentations [PDF]
- Reducing public speaking anxiety
- Presentation preparation countdown
- Self-coaching worksheet part 1: Planning content
- Self-coaching worksheet part 2: Delivery
Some useful Web resources
- American Rhetoric, a huge database of speeches (many with video), both from the "real world" and from the movies.