Share Our Message
One of the easiest ways to raise awareness of the UNH Works campaign is to share our message over social media networks, and with your friends and family. Helping your fellow Granite Staters understand how important UNH is to our students and to the state’s quality of life builds vital support.
Share These Facts and Stats
Below are facts about UNH, its students, economic impact and state support. Feel free to share them over your social media networks or email them to your friends and family. And please be sure to use #UNHWorks in all of your social media posts.
- UNH graduates half of New Hampshire’s STEM graduates.
- New Hampshire is last in the nation in per capita support for higher education.
- Less than 10% of UNH’s budget comes from state support. Nationally, the average is 51%.
- Nearly 80% of UNH students qualify for need-based financial aid.
- Each year, the talent that UNH creates generates $1.4 billion for New Hampshire’s economy.
- UNH graduates nearly 4,000 students each year, adding to the more than 50,000 alumni living and working in NH.
- One third of UNH students are first-generation college students.
- UNH provides direct support to more than 3,000 business and organizations each year.
This year, UNH is seeking to extend the in-state tuition freeze for another two years. A four-year tuition freeze would be unprecedented in New Hampshire, but you can help make it a reality by supporting the university’s budget request in Concord.