Financial Management Committees
Central Budget Committee (CBC)
Advisory body to the President on University significant financial policy and allocation decisions. Specifically:
- Establish institutional funding priorities and budgetary guidelines consistent with the overall institutional strategic plan
- Review the performance of service units, through the periodic use of ad hoc Service Unit Advisory Board
- Regularly update the institutional financial plan, consistent with strategic academic plan updates
- Finalize the institutional budget, and review assessment rates
- Review requests for internal fee increases above inflation or new internal fees
- Serve as the steward for RCM
Each member of the Central Budget Committee has a continuing, individual charge to serve as a representative of the campus community as a whole and to avoid behaving as a partisan advocate. The Committee shall have the following members:
- Provost (co-chair)
- Vice President for Finance and Administration (co-chair)
- Two Deans of Colleges and Schools (one appointed by the Provost and one elected by the Deans’ Council) - 3 year terms
- Vice President for Advancement
- Vice President for Student and Academic Services
- Senior Vice Provost for Research
- Chair of Faculty Senate
- Chair of the Faculty Senate Finance Committee
- Two at-large faculty (appointed by the Provost from five nominations from the Agenda Committee of the Faculty Senate) - 3 year terms
- One Student Representative (Chair of Student Fee Oversight Committee)
- One Graduate Student Representative (Chair of Graduate Student Fee Oversight Committee)
- Two at-large RC unit heads (appointed by the President) - 3 year terms
- One member from the PAT/OS/EE councils –3 year term
- Associate Vice President for Finance (staff)
- Associate Provost for Academic Administration (staff)
CBC will meet twice monthly between September and May and monthly in June, July and August. Additional meetings can be added as necessary.
Meeting schedules, logistics and agendas will be coordinated by the VPFA Office. The meeting agenda, summary and documentation (if available) can be accessed through the CBC Blackboard Account. Please contact Jean Richard with any questions.
Budget and Financial Planning Group (BFPG)
Advisory body to the VPFA and AVP for Finance on high level budgeting and financial planning matters impacting the University and Responsibility Centers. BFPG will be responsible for reviewing and providing input on the following:
- financial policies and procedures
- the annual budget calendar
- RCM policies and allocation models
- financial forecasts/results
- budget guidelines analytical tools
- Central Budget Committee action items
- budget strategies and management
- financial strategic indicators and data analysis
- capital planning
- Endowment modeling, forecasting and allocations
- Facilities and Administrative Cost
The composition of the committee is the Chief Financial Officers of each RC unit including the UNHF, VPFA office staff members, the Associate Provost for Academic Administration, the Associate Vice President for Finance (Chair) and VP for Finance and Administration
BFPG will meet at least once every month (scheduled in advance of CBC meetings) and meetings can be added as necessary.
Meeting schedules, logistics and agendas will be coordinated by the VPFA Office. Agendas will be set based on feedback and solicitations from FAC members. The meeting agenda, summary and documentation (if available) can be accessed through the BFPG Blackboard Account. Please contact Kerry Scala or Jean Richard with any questions.
Finance and Sponsored Forums
Forums are established to share information between central offices and Business Service Center (BSC) staff and provide a venue for feedback to central offices. The focus will be on financial, administrative and sponsored research topics. Agenda topics will include procedural, process, professional development and training issues. Central offices, including the Office of Sponsored Research, will be invited to present information and lead discussions.
The composition of the committee is all Business Service Center staff in each RC unit, members of FAC, staff of central offices and other administrative support staff upon request.
Forums will be offered three to four times per year or more frequently as needed.
Meeting schedules, logistics and agendas will be coordinated by the VPFA Office in consultation with the Office of the Senior Vice Provost for Research. Agendas will be set based on feedback and solicitations from the Financial and Administration Council (FAC), Finance and Sponsored Programs forum members and the Office of Sponsored Research. The meeting agenda, summary and documentation (if available) can be accessed through the Blackboard Account. Please contact Ceyda Yalcinkaya or Jean Richard with any questions.