Postponed!! UNH Veterans & Family Weekend
Golf Tournament now scheduled for - May 1, 2015
Details and a link to Register are now
available to the right.
Waiving the Residency requirement for in-state tuition for veterans HB 624, HB624
Recently the NH Legislation passed a bill waiving residency requirements for veterans attending any institution in the university system of New Hampshire. For more specifics on the bill please go to the State of New Hampshire House of Representatives website.
Upcoming Events and Useful Information
- Don't forget our Thursday Brown Bag lunches held in the Memorial Union Building (MUB) from noon-1:30pm each week. Most weeks we will be in MUB Rm. 233 with the following exception: Thursday December 11 we will meet in the Wildcat Den on the lower level adjacent to the Pool Tables. Come and join fellow veterans for an hour of convesation and lunch. All military affiliated or veteran students and friends are welcome. These lunches are only cancelled if the University officially curtails operations. Call 862-0911 or 862-3480 for info.
- 1st Annual Family Weekend/UNH Student Veterans Golf Tourney, Scheduled for October 24 (Friday), has been postponed to May 1st. 8am registration. Where: Nippo Lake Golf Club, Barrington, NH. To register go to: https://www.events.unh.edu/RegistrationForm.pm?event_id=16916. The registration will continue to be taken, however if you wish a return due to the date change, call Denny or Cassie below. The tournament benefits the UNH Student Armed Forces Ass'n and Operation Hat Trick-both providing assistance to student veterans and regional veterans and their families. Entry fee $100/per person includes continental breakfast, greens fees, cart, lunch and prizes. Students Welcome!! Sponsorships are available. To register call Chris P. @ 910-494-8555 or Cassie O. @ 603-969-1175 or Denny Byrne @ 603-862-0911. Again the link for on-line registration is https://www.events.unh.edu/RegistrationForm.pm?event_id=16916. This tournament is open to all university and non university participants, veterans, friends and the public.
- The Marine Leadership Scholar Program is available to all Marines seeking access to higher education. Contact the following link for information: www.leadershipscholarprogram.com/maredu
- UNH Library has many books and a video regarding military and veterans topics available for your review...follow this link to see what is available: http://unh.edu/veterans/unh-library-veteranmilitary-booksmedia-available...
- More Great opportunities and information for veterans can be found here
- NH House Bill 624 Approved - follow this link for more details - HB 624
- Getting Started
- VA Benefits
- UNH Benefits Request for Certification
- Career & Educational Info
- Veterans Services Links