Christine Ford, Undergraduate Senior, Marine, Estuarine, and Freshwater Biology, United States Air Force Veteran
Christine Ford entered the Air Force as an Airman First Class in December of 1998. As a college graduate she was qualified to enter at the rank of Lieutenant but she chose not to. When asked why, Christine says, "I wanted to learn how to do my job before I tried to tell someone else how to do it." This type of reasoning is a big part of what helps Christine in her transition now from airman to student at UNH. She describes herself as a "mature learner" who was a bit anxious when she first started attending classes. It is precisely this adult personality that her classmates find a welcome addition in class.
Upcoming Events and Useful Information
- Military and Veteran Student Mentor Program
- January 20th, Commuter and Transfer Day 2014, Granite State Room, Memorial Union Building 10:00 to 12:30
- Interested in the Yellow Ribbon Program?
(limited seats available to UNH Durham and UNH-M students,
email Karina Locke for more information)
- 2013/14 Brown Bag Luncheons Begin January 23rd... Join us Thursday's at noon in the Memorial Union Bldg (MUB). Usually in Rm 304-but check the weekly schedule on this site for the two dates (2/06 & 4/17) where the room will change. We begin second semester (spring '14) on Thursday January 23 at noon. All veterans, Guard/Reservists and friends are invited to share time each week with each other and our staff. A great place for information and program updates. See you there!
- Fall is a great time to work on scholarship applications. Check out the SMART Scholarship for Service Program: an opportunity for students pursuing a degree in STEM to receive a scholarship and be employed after graduation with the Dept. of Defense. Applications open August 1, 2013 and close December 2013. For more information go to http://smart.asee.org/about.
- More Great opportunities and information for veterans can be found here