Medal of Honor Recipient and UNH Alumnus, Ryan Pitts Commencement 2015, Meets with Graduating Student Veterans
Ryan Pitts, UNH 2015 Commencement Speaker meets with graduating UNH student veterans prior to commencement. From left to right, Ryan Weeks, Fletcher Stone, Randall Wallbaum, Ryan Pitts, Josh McGraw, Zachariah Laegel, Cassandra O'Brian.
Special Events and Information
- VET Connect Orientation - August 26 and 27, 2015! New military and veteran students, register now-space is limited. Registration link is: https://www.events.unh.edu/RegistrationForm.pm?event_id=17960 if you'd like more information about the two day orientation, please follow this link.
- First Annual Family Weekend/UNH Student Veterans Golf Tourney, Now Scheduled for Friday September 25th, 8am registration. Where: Pease Golf Course. The tournament benefits the UNH Student Armed Forces Ass'n and Operation Hat Trick-both providing assistance to student veterans, regional veterans and their families. Entry fee $100/per person ($90/students) includes continental breakfast, greens fees, cart, lunch and prizes. To register call Cassie O. @ 603-969-1175 or Denny Byrne @ 603-862-0911 or follow this link to register online:https://www.events.unh.edu/RegistrationForm.pm?event_id=17613
Students are Welcome and scholarships are available. This tournament is open to all university and non university participants, veterans, friends and the public.
- Want to see what educational or vocational benefits are available from the VA? Check out Explore VA Educational Benefits by going to the following website: 'http://explore.va.gov/education-training'
- Wednesday Brown Bag lunches are held in the Memorial Union Building (MUB), Rm 321 from 11:30 -1:00pm (beginning Sept. 2, 2015) each week for all military and veteran students. Please Join Us!! When available, UNH game tickets are available at these weekly luncheons. All military affiliated or veteran students and friends are welcome. These lunches are only cancelled if the University officially curtails operations. Call 862-0911 or 862-3480 for info.
- UNH Library has many books and videos regarding military and veterans topics available for your review...follow this link to see what is available: http://unh.edu/veterans/unh-library-veteranmilitary-booksmedia-available...
- More Great opportunities and information for veterans can be found here
- Getting Started
- UNH Resources
- UNH Benefits Request for Certification
- Career & Educational Info
- Veterans Services Links