Gary Jordan, What Happens After Graduation? A Followup on Gary Jordan
What Happens After Graduation? A year later we caught up with Gary Jordan and found he had just been accepted into a PhD program.
Gary was a student at UNH in 2011-2012. He graduated with a BS in Economics and has gone on to apply for a PhD program and was recently accepted. He’ll be attending the University of Buffalo concentrating on Economic Geography, International Business, and World Trade. Gary doesn’t tend to do things half way so while he begins work on the PhD he will also be a Teaching Assistant for a course on the Geography of World Commerce. His two masters degrees, Economics and Business Administration will complement this program.
When asked what his long term goals are: Gary says he would “like to teach at the college level and would love to get back to West Point someday”.
News and Helpful Information
- Pease top Air Guard pick for KC - 46A tankers (see article in Fosters)
- 2013 War Memorial Installation, MUB 3Rd Floor Memorial Rm., 10am, Friday May 24. Join us to honor Sargeant John A. Lyons of Peterborough, NH & Sargeant First Class Ryan J. Sevard of Jefferson, NH.
- AmeriCorps VISTA position available with UNH Cooperative Extension and Military Youth and Family Program and the NH National Guard Child and Youth Program (Concord). If interested or if you just want more information, please visit the UNH Military Youth and Family Program.
- Raytheon-SVA STEM Scholarships Available! Applications are being sought for three (3) $10,000 scholarships in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math. The deadline is July 12, 2012. Information and an application can be obtained in the following link: http://studentveterans.org/index.php/what_we_do/develop-partnerships/15-scholarships/97-raytheon-sva-scholarship.html
- Act One's presentation of Kate Wenner's play, "Make Sure It's Me" tickets available now! Call now for reservations and ticket information (603.300.2986). Free to OEF & OIF veterans, $15 to other veterans, $20 for all others. Show dates/times: June 1 & 2, June 7-9, June 21 & 23...times are Friday's, 8pm; Saturday's 2pm & 8pm; Sunday's 2pm & 7:30pm. Come to the West End Studio Theater, 959 Islington St., Portsmouth, NH. The play highlights five Iraq war veterans with TBI and the doctor devoted to helping them. Go to http://lesliepasternack.com for further information. Take advantage of this world premier and reserve tickets now. June 22nd is sold out already.
- Interested in the Yellow Ribbon Program?
(limited seats available to UNH Durham and UNH-M students,
please email Karina Locke for more information)
- Veteran Friendly Employers in New Hampshire