A glimpse at these conflicts as seen through combat photographers' lenses will be on display in the “Conflict Zone” photography exhibit in the University of New Hampshire Museum's Dimond Library.
These appts are cancelled due to the snowstorm and UNH being
under curtailed operations. We'll post the new date and time as soon
as we know what it will be.
Special Events and Information
- Americorps Position Available: The UNH Cooperative Extension Military and Family Program, part of 4-H Youth Development, partners with all branches of the military, American Legion, Red Cross, NH Department of Education, Child Care Resource & Referral, Boys and Girls Clubs, and many other family organizations to form the outreach effort called Operation Military Kids (OMK). The mission is to create support networks for military children and non military children through a variety of recreational, social and educational programs. The program start and stop dates are: 2/24/15 through 2/23/16. Follow this link for further information or call Denny @ 2-0911. https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=52280
- Spring SAFA (Student Armed Forces Assoc.) meeting was rescheduled from last Tuesday, Jan 27th to the next Tuesday February 3rd. MUB Room 334/336, 4pm to 5:30pm. All military connected students encouraged to attend. For information email Cassie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thursday Brown Bag lunches have become Tuesday Brown Bag lunches & they began Tuesday Jan. 20th. Lunches are held in the Memorial Union Building (MUB) from noon-1:30pm each week for all military and veteran students . Please Join Us!! When available, UNH game tickets are available at these weekly luncheons. Most weeks we will be in MUB Rm. 334 with the following exceptions: Tuesday February 10th (Rm 207) & April 7th (Rm 233). Come and join fellow veterans for an hour of conversation and lunch. All military affiliated or veteran students and friends are welcome. These lunches are only cancelled if the University officially curtails operations. Call 862-0911 or 862-3480 for info.
- 1st Annual Family Weekend/UNH Student Veterans Golf Tourney, Scheduled for October 24 (Friday), has been postponed to May 1st. 8am registration. Where: Nippo Lake Golf Club, Barrington, NH. To register go to: https://www.events.unh.edu/RegistrationForm.pm?event_id=16916. The registration will continue to be taken, however if you wish a return due to the date change, call Denny or Cassie below. The tournament benefits the UNH Student Armed Forces Ass'n and Operation Hat Trick-both providing assistance to student veterans and regional veterans and their families. Entry fee $100/per person includes continental breakfast, greens fees, cart, lunch and prizes. Students Welcome!! Sponsorships are available. To register call Chris P. @ 910-494-8555 or Cassie O. @ 603-969-1175 or Denny Byrne @ 603-862-0911. Again the link for on-line registration is https://www.events.unh.edu/RegistrationForm.pm?event_id=16916. This tournament is open to all university and non university participants, veterans, friends and the public.
- UNH Library has many books and videos regarding military and veterans topics available for your review...follow this link to see what is available: http://unh.edu/veterans/unh-library-veteranmilitary-booksmedia-available...
- More Great opportunities and information for veterans can be found here
- Getting Started
- UNH Resources
- UNH Benefits Request for Certification
- Career & Educational Info
- Veterans Services Links