Caroline Osteen, David Labrie, Graduation May 2013
Two of the 45 student veterans who graduated this past weekend in the UNH 143rd Commencment, Caroline Osteen and David Labrie. Both Caroline and David have put in many hours of hard work to earn their Masters in Public Administration and are proud to have completed them and happy to be moving on.
News and Helpful Information
- 2013 War Memorial Installation, MUB 3Rd Floor Memorial Rm., 10am, Friday May 24. Join us to honor Sargeant John A. Lyons of Peterborough, NH & Sargeant First Class Ryan J. Sevard of Jefferson, NH.
- AmeriCorps VISTA position available with UNH Cooperative Extension and Military Youth and Family Program and the NH National Guard Child and Youth Program (Concord). If interested or if you just want more information, please visit the UNH Military Youth and Family Program.
- Raytheon-SVA STEM Scholarships Available! Applications are being sought for three (3) $10,000 scholarships in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math. The deadline is July 12, 2012. Information and an application can be obtained in the following link: http://studentveterans.org/index.php/what_we_do/develop-partnerships/15-scholarships/97-raytheon-sva-scholarship.html
- Act One's presentation of Kate Wenner's play, "Make Sure It's Me" tickets available now! Call now for reservations and ticket information (603.300.2986). Free to OEF & OIF veterans, $15 to other veterans, $20 for all others. Show dates/times: June 1 & 2, June 7-9, June 21 & 23...times are Friday's, 8pm; Saturday's 2pm & 8pm; Sunday's 2pm & 7:30pm. Come to the West End Studio Theater, 959 Islington St., Portsmouth, NH. The play highlights five Iraq war veterans with TBI and the doctor devoted to helping them. Go to http://lesliepasternack.com for further information. Take advantage of this world premier and reserve tickets now. June 22nd is sold out already.
- Interested in the Yellow Ribbon Program?
(limited seats available to UNH Durham and UNH-M students,
please email Karina Locke for more information)
- Veteran Friendly Employers in New Hampshire