Mark Deschenes, Sr, Health Management and Policy, URC Event
Mark Deschenes, former Army Med Tech, presents his poster at the Nelson Poster Competition which is part of the 2013 URC Event. Mark and his fellow student Ben Tasker provided information about their research into the present day challenges for bees. Their focus is on developing a way to genetically modify the bee to enhance it's chances of survival. Mark and Ben are also part of a competition on Friday called the Bud Albin Challenge Round. We wish them the best of luck in these challenges and of course wish Mark luck as he graduates.
News and Helpful Information
- AmeriCorps VISTA position available with UNH Cooperative Extension and Military Youth and Family Program and the NH National Guard Child and Youth Program (Concord). If interested or if you just want more information, please visit the UNH Military Youth and Family Program.
- Raytheon-SVA STEM Scholarships Available! Applications are being sought for three (3) $10,000 scholarships in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math. The deadline is July 12, 2012. Information and an application can be obtained in the following link: http://studentveterans.org/index.php/what_we_do/develop-partnerships/15-scholarships/97-raytheon-sva-scholarship.html
- Act One's presentation of Kate Wenner's play, "Make Sure It's Me" tickets available now! Call now for reservations and ticket information (603.300.2986). Free to OEF & OIF veterans, $15 to other veterans, $20 for all others. Show dates/times: June 1 & 2, June 7-9, June 21 & 23...times are Friday's, 8pm; Saturday's 2pm & 8pm; Sunday's 2pm & 7:30pm. Come to the West End Studio Theater, 959 Islington St., Portsmouth, NH. The play highlights five Iraq war veterans with TBI and the doctor devoted to helping them. Go to http://lesliepasternack.com for further information. Take advantage of this world premier and reserve tickets now. June 22nd is sold out already.
- Veterans, Service Member Graduate Pictures: Friday May 17th @ 2pm OR Saturday May 18th @ 8am! Join us either day, Friday May 17th at 2pm in front of the Wildcat next to Memorial Field, or Saturday May 18th in front of the flag pole on the T Hall lawn for both group and individual pictures. Please bring your caps/gowns and your families...we will send these to you electronically the next week or link them to the website for you to retrieve/enjoy.
- Interested in the Yellow Ribbon Program?
(limited seats available to UNH Durham and UNH-M students,
please email Karina Locke for more information)
- Veteran Friendly Employers in New Hampshire