How to transfer your course credits
- Investigate transfer options early
- The sooner you explore transfer options, the easier the process will be. Your intended major at a USNH college or participating private institution may determine which general education courses you should take at an CCSNH college. For example, some USNH majors require specific CCSNH math and English prerequisite courses.
- Review degree program requirements
- Visit USNH and participating private institutions college websites to check out degree requirements and courses in your intended major. Some participating institutions may require that all or most courses in your degree major be taken at their colleges and universities. Print out pertinent degree and course information to share with your CCSNH academic advisor.
- Consult with an academic advisor
- Early on, talk with your CCSNH academic advisor about your interest in transferring your credits to a USNH college or a participating private institution to continue your education. Your counselor can help you select appropriate courses and can connect you with an academic advisor at the college you are considering. Check with an academic advisor about the CCSNH courses you should take in preparation for transferring as many credits as possible to your intended program. You can also consult the Program Transfer Tables to determine which program courses will transfer.
- Plan your course schedule
- Taking approved CCSNH courses in preparation for continuing your studies at a USNH or private participating college or university will make the credit transfer process much smoother.