The Transfer Process - Moving On
Students are encouraged to use the NHTransfer Form which was designed exclusively for them. There is no application fee and neither an essay nor a recommendation is required. If the student meets the minimum grade point average requirement in appropriate coursework and has been a good citizen, his or her general admission is guaranteed as long as their major is considered “non-restricted”.
THE INFORMATION IN THIS PARAGRAPH IS FOR STUDENTS WISHING TO TRANSFER FOR SPRING ADMISSION ONLY. Students applying for mid-year admission who wish to be considered a New Hampshire resident must provide a notarized residency statement as well as the NHTransfer Form. To facilitate the transfer of your student to USNH, we encourage you to print off the KSC Form, the PSU Form, or the UNH Form (good for both UNH and UNHM) for inclusion with the NHTransfer Form. Students seeking admission for the fall semester do not need to provide a residency statement until after they have gained admission and decided to enroll at the USNH institution. Therefore, they do not need to submit a residency form with their application for fall admission.
It is always wise to check with a USNH transfer admission officer and/or an institution’s website to discern which majors have restricted admission for new transfers! The list can include new additions or deletions every semester..
When the STUDENT is ready to apply, here’s what he/she needs to do:
- Fill out the NH Transfer application form completely. (Spring applicants must also submit a Notarized Residency Form)
- Return it to the community college transfer advisor at least two weeks before the USNH application deadline.
- Appropriate deadlines for each campus are listed on the NHTransfer Form.
- An advisor will put together an application package for the student to mail.
- Authorize the Registrar to release an official copy of transcript for the advisor to add to application package.
- Return to advisor to collect the application packet and mail it to the appropriate USNH Admissions Office.
When the student has provided you, the ADVISOR, with a completed NHTransfer Form and an official transcript, you should:
- Review the form to ensure the student has filled it out completely.
- Sign the form, if properly filled out by the student.
- Put together the following “application packet” for the student to mail to USNH Admissions Office:
- The NHTransfer Form
- Official community college transcript which must include:
- Most recent grades
- Courses in Progress
- A copy of the student’s final high school transcript
- Give application packet back to student for mailing.
Please note: USNH institutions will not accept copies of official documents from CCSNH other than those referred to above. As part of the requirements for admission, students should be reminded to request their AP scores and original transcripts from institutions that they may have previously attended.