Whittemore Center Arena
Friday, May 16, 2014
4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Students must arrive to line up at 3 p.m.
The annual spring Honors Convocation is a formal ceremony recognizing the achievements of our most academically accomplished students at the conclusion of their undergraduate experience at the University of New Hampshire.
All major campus lots are open and available for guest parking for the Honors Convocation.
Disabled parking spaces for those with handicapped placards are available in Lot D at the Elliot Alumni Center. From Lot D, the Whittemore Center is accessible via a short pathway. Campus Map
Please note that Lot D will be closed for the Commencement Ceremony on Saturday, and guests with disabilities should park in the West Edge Lot on Saturday, where accessible shuttles will be available to take them to the venue.
There are no tickets required and there is no limit to the number of guests a graduate may invite.
All particpating students must wear a cap and gown, regardless of their graduation status.
Registration for Honors Convocation will open in March.
- The Honors Convocation Ceremony is for students graduating in May, September or December 2014.
- Enrollment in the Honors Program is not required for participation in the Honors Convocation.
- Invitations to participate in the Honors Convocation are based on a student’s credit hours and GPA. For criteria, click here. Non-graduating students who have the required credits and GPA for academic honors but have not met their degree requirements for graduation will receive invitations.
- If a non-graduating student maintains their GPA, they will be invited to the Honors Convocation again the following year.
- Invitations to students who meet the requirements to participate in the Honors Convocation will be mailed in March of 2014.
- If you are a graduating senior and plan to attend the ceremony, please register.
- No action needs to be taken if a student will not be attending the ceremony.
Invitations for Non Graduating Students - "Juniors"
Invitations to participate in the Honors Convocation are based on a students credit hours and their GPA. Non-graduating students who have not met their degree requirements for graduation but do have the required credits and GPA for academic honors will receive invitations.
Only graduating students should plan to attend the ceremony. No action needs to be taken if a student will not be attending. If a non-graduating student maintains their GPA, they will be invited to the Honors Convocation again the following year.