Commencement and Honors Convocation Ambassadors
Commencement is always a special and exciting time here at UNH. As in years past, University ambassadors will play an indispensable role in ensuring memorable celebrations for our graduates and their guests. Ambassadors will be needed for both the Honors Convocation on May 15 and the Commencement ceremony on May 16.
• Ambassador Orientation: Wednesday, May 13 in the Whittemore Center Arena's Skybox Lounge. Honors Convocation Ambassadors at 2 p.m.; Commencement Ambassadors at 2:30 p.m.
• Commencement Rehearsal (Commencement Ambassadors only): Friday, May 15 at 10:30 a.m. on Memorial Field
• Honors Convocation: Friday, May 15 from 2 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in the Whittemore Center Arena
• Commencement: Saturday, May 16 from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Memorial Field
Being selected as a student ambassador is a great honor and those selected should feel pride as theyíve been invited by the Deanís Office to represent their college and the University. After Honors Convocation and Commencement, the Commencement Office will provide both the Presidentís Office and Deanís Office with a final list of participating student ambassadors so they may receive formal recognition.
Student ambassadors can be given housing extensions to stay on campus until after the event. You will be asked to indicate need when registering.
Ambassadors are needed for many responsibilities that ensure a successful celebration such as:
- early morning set-up;
- assisting in various areas of campus with parking and crowd flow control;
- assisting mobility impaired guests to their seats;
- distributing programs;
- assisting photographers;
- staffing various information and vending booths; and
- assisting with post-event clean-up.