Happy October Wildcats! I can already tell it’s going to be a great month what with hockey games starting, the leaves turning beautiful colors which makes any building on campus Instagram worthy, homecoming, and of course, Halloween! So when I sat down to write this week’s entry, I realized there was no better topic than, in my opinion, the best season in Wildcat Country.
There’s something magical about fall. I would even go as far to say that it is my favorite season. I love when the air gets crisp and when the leaves start to change. The start of this month has inspired me to write a list of ten things I love about fall at UNH:
- Leaves! The leaves changing colors is one of my favorite things about fall. Every year my friends and I go outside to T-Hall lawn for a fall photoshoot!
- Football games! Nothing says fall like pulling on your favorite UNH hoodie and heading to Boulder Field to watch college football. The best part is that students can get in free if you show your ID at the door!
- Scarves! As sad as it is to pack away all of my bikinis and shorts I love being able to accessorize with scarves after months without them. I think all of the ladies on campus can agree with me on this one.
- Parents’ Weekend! Being from New York, I don’t get to go home or see my family enough so I absolutely love parents’ weekend! It’s so much fun to show your parents your dorm and the UNH campus. Plus, they always have lots of activities to do with your parents so being bored won’t be a problem!
- Hockey games! If you’ve never experienced a UNH hockey game you are missing out! I love being in the Whitt all dressed in blue and white while cheering along to all of the crazy chants (“CUT OFF HIS ARMS AND LEGS AND BEAT HIM WITH THE BLOODY STUMPS UHHH”). Sitting in the student section is an experience I promise you that you’ll never forget.
- Apple Picking! It’s so clichéd but apple picking has to be one of my favorite fall activities. Fresh apples are so delicious and, sorry Philly/Stillings/HoCo but your apples don’t hold a candle to apples picked fresh from a farm
- Halloween! Even though it’s at the very end of the month, Halloween at college is the best! People get dressed up in some pretty crazy costumes and it’s always fun creating (or buying!) a fun costume to wear.
- Fall foods! Apple cider donuts, pumpkin anything, and hot apple cider. Enough said.
- Homecoming! Homecoming is always an exciting weekend at any college campus. I love the sense of school spirit on campus and anticipating the game while standing near the warmth of the bonfire and seeing the fireworks light up the sky. And who could forget the game itself?! Seeing students and alumni pack the stands always make me proud to be a Wildcat!
- The beauty of the UNH campus! I might be slightly biased, but I don’t think anything beats the beauty of the UNH campus in the fall. In my opinion, fall really brings out the beauty of this campus. I’m a sophomore and I still walk around this campus in awe of its beauty. T-Hall lawn when the leaves start to change? Totally Instagram worthy. (It’s okay, you can Instagram it more than once, I won’t judge!)
Fall is a beautiful time of year here at UNH and I truly hope you are inspired to get outside and enjoy it because it only comes once a year!