International Research Opportunities Program (IROP) and Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) Abroad
Early in each academic year, the Hamel Center for Undergraduate Research marks the academic homecoming of international research students with the INTERNATIONAL UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH SYMPOSIUM, brief illustrated research presentations crafted for a general audience of faculty, students, administrators, supporters, families, and invited guests. The 2016 Symposium (featuring the work of IROP and SURF Abroad grant recipients) will be held over Homecoming weekend on Friday, September 30, from 2:00-4:00 pm in MUB theaters 1 & 2.
Come hear of travels, research, and revelations. Meet the researchers and those who made their research possible!
IROP AND SURF Abroad GRANT RECIPIENTS 2016
- Jacqueline Gilbert / Cuba’s Water Crisis / Cuba
- Lizzie Gill / Tropical Pumpkin Diversity / Costa Rica
- Alison Jeffrey / Activity Patterns of Captive Elephants / South Africa
- Katherine Rocci / Methane Isotopes in Growing Season / Sweden
- Christen Soucy / Mental Health Nursing in Primary Care / Australia
- Garrett Thompson / Electrochemical Detection of DNA Methylation / England
- Elisabeth Wise / Cheetahs on Commercial Farmlands / Namibia
- Lauren Barker / Chronic Wound Treatment / Ghana
- Kira Rasmussen / Dairy Cow Preference for Pasture or Paddock / Canada
* Please let us know if we may help you get from the parking lot to the front entrance of the MUB by responding to Peter Akerman, 603.862.4323, email@example.com .