Skip to Content Find it Fast

This browser does not support Cascading Style Sheets.

Undergraduate Course Catalog 2015-2016

University of New Hampshire at Manchester


Sociology Minor

Students from other majors may choose to diversify their academic experience by getting a minor in sociology. Although the sociological perspective will benefit students from all backgrounds, a sociology minor may be especially relevant for history, psychology, anthropology, political science, social work, or education majors.


Any five courses in sociology with a grade of C- or better.
2.00 or higher GPA for each of the five courses.
Submission of a completed "Certification of Completion of Minor" form to UNH Manchester Academic Counseling.

Courses taken pass/fail may NOT be used for a minor, but up to 8 credit hours of minor coursework may be applied toward a student's major. All minor courses taken outside of the student's major department can also double-count toward Discovery Requirements.

A student wishing to minor in sociology should contact the Academic Counseling Office at (603) 641-4170 or the Sociology Department undergraduate chair at (603) 862-2500.