Student Hourly & Work Study FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
- What if I want to work in a specific department on campus?
If you are looking to work in a specific department on campus, but dont see a posting in Wildcat Careers, feel free to reach out to that department directly. Just because a department doesn't have postions posted, doesn't mean they won't be open to take a work study student.
- Am I guaranteeded a position on campus?
An award of Federal Work Study is not a guarantee of a job. These positions are competitive and it is up to the student to be pro-active in pursing employement.
- Can I work in more than one department during the year?
Students can work multiple work study jobs on/off campus at once when using their funding.
- When will I get paid?
Students will recieve their paychecks bi-weekly.
- I saw some postings on Wildcat Careers, will there be more posted later?
Departments will continue to post postions throughout the year. Make sure to keep checking Wildcat Careers regularly for new postings.
- I'm an incoming new student, and unsure of how my schedule will work. When should I apply?
While work study jobs are competitive, more positions will be posted all throughout the year. Sometimes it's helpful to sit through your first week of classes before applying to ensure you can still commit to the same schedule.
- I don't have Work Study, or I need more income, what can I do?
To explore more employment opportunities on or off campus, log into your Wildcat Careers account to search for positions or make an appointment with one of our career counselors.
- Academic Advising
- "How To" Instructions
- Explore UNH Majors and Courses
- Add/Drop a Course
- Prepare for Your Appointment
- Campus Resources
- GPA Calculator
- Student 4 Year Planner
- Potential Careers for Your Major
- Important Meetings/Deadlines
- Professional/Grad School Advising
- Planning Timetable
- Researching Graduate Schools
- Applying to Graduate School Workshop
- Graduate & Professional School Fair
- Testing Info and Support
- Pre-Professional Health Programs Advising
- PreLaw Advising
- UNH Graduate School
- Careers & Jobs
- Alumni Resources
- Career Assessments
- Career Guide & Resources
- Career & Internship Fair
- Career Events
- Resume Writing Resources
- Schedule a Career Advising Appointment
- Daily Walk In Workshops
- Student Hourly & Work Study Positions
- Wildcat Careers
- Posting Jobs and Internships
- On Campus Recruiting
- Career & Internship Fairs
- Corporate Sponsorship
- Career & Job Resources
- Internship Resources
- Become a Work Study Site
- Host a Job Shadow
- Careers & Disabilities
- Career Resources for International Students
- Career Resources for Service Members & Veterans
- Career Resources for Women
- Diversity Career Resources
- Diversity Network Program
- LGBTQ Career Resources