Paid vs. Unpaid vs. Academic Credit

Paid Internship

  • Employers receive qualified and motivated candidates for their roles


Unpaid Internship

  • Employers need approval through the New Hampshire Department of Labor (NHDOL) before posting
  • Complete the ‘Pre-Screening Form’ under the School-to-Work section of the FAQ page
  • Also complete the 'Approval Form for Non-Paid Work-Based Activities'
  • Contact the NH DOL (603) 271-0127 with any questions


Internship for Academic Credit

  • Sign off on the student's hours each week for them to present to his or her advisor