Advising Handbook - Minors
This is for Faculty/Staff use only. Check with department for official information.
- Most minors consist of at least 20 credit hours with a C- or better in each course and a 2.00 grade point average in courses that the minor department or program approves.
- Courses taken Pass/Fail may not be used for a minor,
- No more than 8 credit hours may be used by a student to satisfy both major and minor requirements.
- Students may take more than one minor.
- All minor courses (outside of the major departments) can be used to fulfill Discovery Program Requirements.
- Students should talk with the coordinator or the contact person in the minor department or program before taking classes for the minor.
- At the discretion of the minor coordinator transfer credits may be used to satisfy minor requirements, but no more than 8 credits (or 2 of 5 classes) should be transfer credits.
Bioengineering (CEPS) Courses used to satisfy the minor must be approved by the major advisor and the minor department. Students must take a minimum of five courses. Contact Russell Carr, Kingsbury W307, 2-1429, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canadian Studies (LA) Students take 4 courses/16 credits of coursework or a combination of coursework and study abroad, and 1 course/4 credits of independent study. Contact Prof. Sue Siggelakis, 2-1780.
Chemical Engineering (CEPS) Courses used to satisfy the minor must be approved by the major advisor and the minor department. Students must take a minimum of five courses. Contact Russell Carr, Kingsbury W307, 2-1429, email@example.com.
Chemistry (CEPS) Courses planned to satisfy a minor should be reviewed and approved by the student's major advisor and the chemistry undergraduate coordinator. Students take a minimum of five lecture courses with a CHEM designation. The undergraduate coordinator is Prof. Gary Weisman, Parsons W221, 2-2304, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Academic Advising
- "How To" Videos
- Explore UNH Majors and Courses
- Add/Drop a Course
- Prepare for Your Appointment
- GPA Calculator
- Student 4 Year Planner
- Potential Careers for Your Major
- Important Meetings/Deadlines
- Professional/Grad School Advising
- Careers & Jobs
- Alumni Resources
- Career Assessments
- Career Guide & Resources
- Career & Internship Fair
- Career Events
- Resume Writing Resources
- Schedule a Career Advising Appointment
- Student Hourly & Work Study Positions
- Weekly Workshops
- Wildcat Careers
- Posting Jobs and Internships
- On Campus Recruiting
- Career & Internship Fairs
- Corporate Sponsorship
- Career & Job Resources
- Internship Resources
- Become a Work Study Site
- Host a Job Shadow
- Careers & Disabilities
- Career Resources for International Students
- Career Resources for Service Members & Veterans
- Career Resources for Women
- Diversity Career Resources
- Diversity Network Program
- LGBTQ Career Resources