Advising Handbook - Minors
This is for Faculty/Staff use only. Check with department for official information.
- Most minors consist of at least 20 credit hours with a C- or better in each course and a 2.00 grade point average in courses that the minor department or program approves.
- Courses taken Pass/Fail may not be used for a minor,
- No more than 8 credit hours may be used by a student to satisfy both major and minor requirements.
- Students may take more than one minor.
- All minor courses (outside of the major departments) can be used to fulfill Discovery Program Requirements.
- Students should talk with the coordinator or the contact person in the minor department or program before taking classes for the minor.
- At the discretion of the minor coordinator transfer credits may be used to satisfy minor requirements, but no more than 8 credits (or 2 of 5 classes) should be transfer credits.
**************Canadian Studies (LA) Students take 4 courses/16 credits of coursework or a combination of coursework and study abroad, and 1 course/4 credits of independent study. Contact Prof. Sue Siggelakis, 2-1780.
Chemical Engineering (CEPS) Courses used to satisfy the minor must be approved by the major advisor and the minor department. Students must take a minimum of five courses. Contact Russell Carr, Kingsbury W307, 2-1429, email@example.com.
Chemistry (CEPS) Courses planned to satisfy a minor should be reviewed and approved by the student's major advisor and the chemistry undergraduate coordinator. Students take a minimum of five lecture courses with a CHEM designation. The undergraduate coordinator is Prof. Gary Weisman, Parsons W221, 2-2304, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kinesiology (HHS) Complete 20 KIN credits. No more than six may be in activity or coaching courses. Some courses have prerequisites. Certain KIN courses are not open to minors. Students should check with Professor Ron Croce, NH Hall 862-2080, email@example.com.
- Academic Advising
- "How To" Videos
- Explore UNH Majors and Courses
- Add/Drop a Course
- Prepare for Your Appointment
- GPA Calculator
- Student 4 Year Planner
- Potential Careers for Your Major
- Important Meetings/Deadlines
- Professional/Grad School Advising
- Careers & Jobs
- Alumni Resources
- Career Assessments
- Career Guide & Resources
- Career & Internship Fair
- Career Events
- Resume Writing Resources
- Schedule a Career Advising Appointment
- Student Hourly & Work Study Positions
- Wildcat Careers
- Posting Jobs and Internships
- On Campus Recruiting
- Career & Internship Fairs
- Corporate Sponsorship
- Career & Job Resources
- Internship Resources
- Become a Work Study Site
- Host a Job Shadow
- Careers & Disabilities
- Career Resources for International Students
- Career Resources for Service Members & Veterans
- Career Resources for Women
- Diversity Career Resources
- Diversity Network Program
- LGBTQ Career Resources