Transit & Connector 603.862.2328
Parking 603.862.1010
Fax 603.862.2638
TTY 603.862.2333
7-1-1 or 1-800-735-2964 Relay NH

Parking - Permit Sales - Student Permits


All permit distribution is subject to qualification criteria and documentation requirements. Freshmen campus residents are not eligible for resident permits. No permits are sold to people or for vehicles that have unpaid parking tickets.


Academic year permits:

Fall-Spring Semester permits:  Advance sales are conducted exclusively online only from late-spring to mid-September.  There are no over-the-counter sales of student permits when the online store is open.  After the online store is closed, over-the-counter sales are available during office hours (M-F, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.). 


J-Term:   If you are taking classes during J-term ONLY, you may purchase a J-Term permit at the parking office (no online sales).  The price is $35.00, and is valid to use during J-term only.  Valid 2-semester or Semester II permits are also valid during J-term, so don't buy a J-term permit if you have one of those already.


Semester II: Limited online sales resume for Commuter and Resident West permits at the conclusion of Semester I and then revert to over-the-counter early Sem. II.  Gables, Woodside, E/E1, and Forest Park Semester II permit sales are done via a waiting list (see below).

Summer Permits

Summer permits for commuters & campus residents are sold online in the spring in advance of the summer session.  Sales are conducted online and over-the-counter.  The cost is $35.  Semester I/II permits are NOT valid during the summer. 

Wait List:

After resident permits sell out, wait lists are maintained for Resident West, Woodside, Gables, E/E1, Forest Park permits. Call 862-1010 to be placed on a waiting list. If/when permits should become available, you will be notified at your campus e-mail address (please do NOT call us for wait list progress reports). There is no certainty a permit will become available for people on the waiting list.

Motorcycle & Moped Permits

Motorcycle and moped permits are available at Transportation Services only. All motorized cycles that need to be registered with the DMV, including mopeds & scooters, require a permit to park at UNH. Holders of Commuter permits may also purchase a motorcycle or moped permit, but must only have one vehicle on campus at any given time.  Eligible campus residents may have a car permit OR a motorcycle or moped permit (cannot have two vehicles on campus). Click here for more information.

Off Campus Options

Certain area businesses sometimes provide parking spaces for sale on their private lots. These businesses are not affiliated with the University, and the terms, conditions, and availability of parking there are independent of UNH. The following businesses have made their offerings known to this department*:


Van Rich Properties: 868-1616
Community Church of Durham: 868-1230
St. George's Church: 868-2785
"Jackie", Coe Drive: 781-7824
Mill Road Plaza: 868-7000
Town of Durham: 868-2324
Fall Line Properties: 868-1285

"The Light House", Mill Road: 905-0382


Print a listing of these contacts (.pdf)


*Information is to the best of our knowledge.  Providers may have changed terms without telling UTS!


Documentation will accompanies your new permit, so that you display your permit properly, park in correct lots, and obey the campus parking regulations. Also, be on the lookout special events or other conditions that change parking lot availability.