Declaring a Major in Theatre and Dance
Declaring a Major
Students entering the University as first-year or transfer students may declare a major in Theatre as part of the Admissions process.
If you are a continuing student interested in declaring Theatre as your major, you will need to complete the change of program process outlined below.
Students interested in majoring in Theatre (general) should consult with the Chair of the Department, Prof. Deborah Kinghorn. Those interested in the musical theatre emphasis should contact Prof. Matt Nesmith. Those interested in the Youth Drama Emphasis, the Youth Drama in Special Education emphasis, or the Secondary Education emphasis should contact Prof. Raina Aimes. For the Design and Technical Theatre emphasis, students should contact Prof. Joan Churchill; for the acting emphasis, students should contact Prof. David Kaye; and for the Dance emphasis, students should contact Prof. Larry Robertston. See Faculty and Staff page for contact information.
Students interested in concentrating their studies on Dance can now declare the new dance emphasis either as part of the admissions process or as a continuing student through the change of program process. For more information, contact Larry Robertson, (603) 862-3032 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Change of Program Process
If you are currently in a major or undeclared within the College of Liberal Arts…
- Sign in to MyUNHblackboard
- Select Webcat/Services and continue to Webcat
- Select Student Services & Financial Aid
- Select Student Records
- Select Change Major/Option and follow prompts
If you are currently in a major NOT within the College of Liberal Arts…
- Obtain a paper yellow change of program form from the Registrar's Office or download one here.
- Meet with your advisor, and obtain signature and your student academic file.
- Go to your current Dean’s Office, obtain signature.
- Bring your signed form and file to our office where we will instruct you on next steps.